Kiss the Girl

Author's Note: it's been a difficult 2 weeks for me. Please bare with me for some new content. For now, enjoy this short imagine. I came across this song on TikTok and knew it would be perfect for a Chris wedding imagine.

Also, FYI I purposely didn't describe the wedding dress because every reader has a different preference.

Lastly, the lyrics are in BOLD. I do not own the lyrics.

***

"Ready?" Scott asked as he stood next to his older brother. He briefly looked down at his watch. "It's time."

Chris took a deep breath before his lips formed the biggest smile Scott had ever seen. He had never seen his brother so happy. Actually that's a lie. Chris was always happy when he was around Y/N. Scott had never seen him this happy with someone before. So, he's not at all surprised to see Chris happy on what is going to be the happiest day of his life.

"I'm ready. Let's go. I have a girl waiting to meet me down the aisle," Chris beamed.

The brothers exited the small room and made their way to the front of the altar. Scarlett gave him a hug and spoke against his ear,. "I'm truly honored you guys asked me to officiate your wedding."

Chris kissed her cheek before he pulled back and looked down fhe aisle, waiting impatiently for Y/N. Scott cleared his throat. Chris turned to look at his baby brother.

"Before we get started, she told me to give you this first." Scott pulled out a small envelope. It was addressed to 'The Groom'.

Chris was too focused opening the envelope and didn't noticed when Scott signaled someone to join them at the altar.

Chris read the note to himself.

'As soon as I heard this song, I knew it would be perfect for today. Here's my gift to you.'

A piano started playing. Chris looked up and noticed Brett Morgan was standing close with a microphone in his hand. Scarlett motioned for the guest to stand up.

Chris looked down the altar as the doors opened. Y/N stood there in the most beautiful white dress anyone had ever seen.

Brett began singing.

There you see her
Sitting there across the way
She don′t got a lot to say but there's something about her
And you don′t know why, but you're dying to try
You wanna kiss the girl

Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do

Chris' eyes welled up with tears as she slowly walked towards him. Y/N held her gaze with his. She didn't bother to look at anyone else. She knew how much Chris loved Disney. She had gone on numerous Disney trips with him and his family. It was a huge part of his life. It was now a part of hers too. Which is why she knew this would be the perfect song to walk down the aisle to.

It's possible she wants you too
There′s one way to ask her
It don′t take a word, not a single word
Go on and kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Oh my, oh my, don't wanna be too shy
Go on and kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Ain′t that sad, it ain't a shame, too bad
Don′t wanna miss the girl

Chris wondered how in the world he got so damn lucky with Y/N. He always knew he wanted to get married and have a big family someday. As life went on, he was beginning to think maybe his lifetime dream wasn't in his future. Until he met Y/N. He was head over heels for her. He knew she was the girl of his dreams. It was confirmed the second his lips met hers at the end of their third date.

She admired him in his black suit. His hair was neatly combed and gelled back. His beard was neatly trimmed. His piercing blue eyes shined bright and matched with his beautiful, genuine smile.

Brett sang the final verse as Chris extended his hand out for Y/N once she reached the steps. She gladly took it before walking up the couple of steps towards him. She stood in front of him and chuckled to herself as she wiped the tears from his cheeks.

Now's your moment
Floating in a blue lagoon
You better do it soon, no time will be better
She don′t say a word
And she won't say a word until you kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Oh my, oh my, don't wanna be too shy
Go on and kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Ain′t that sad, it ain′t a shame, too bad
Don't wanna miss the girl

The guests sat back down in their seats. Scarlett was about to start the ceremony when Chris spoke first. "I know I'm supposed to wait until the end, but after that beautiful performance and seeing her walk downs the aisle, I have to kiss the girl."

Chris cupped her cheeks gently and pulled her in for a sweet and gentle kiss. The guest laughed and aww-ed at the same time at the sweet gesture. Y/N smiled in the middle of the kiss when Scarlett cleared her throat loud. She giggled and pulled back from Chris. She wiped her lipstick off his lips.

"Sorry, you may start now," Chris said to Scarlett.

"We're gathered together on this beautiful day to witness Chris and Y/N-"

"Sorry, but can you just skip to the important stuff?" Chris interrupted. "I kind of want to kiss the girl again as my wife."

The guest chuckled at Chris' impatience.

Y/N squeezed Chris' hand. He looked back at her. She smiled and winked at him. "Don't worry. You get to kiss the girl for the rest of your life."