It Ain't Pretty

Author's Note: I heard this song and this idea hit me! I wrote it down before I could forget, ha. Enjoy!

Warning: Angst - lots of it, heartbreak, and cuss words.

***

As the cab turned down her street, Y/N silently prayed no one was out and about in their yards. She didn't want her neighbors to see her in the same outfit she wore last night, her heels in her hand, and her makeup completely smeared and ruined.

"Shit," she mumbled to herself as the cab driver drove right past her next door neighbor before pulling up in front of her house.

"You have a great day, miss," the cab driver said as Y/N got out of the cab after paying him.

She straightened out her dress and ignored Chris staring at her as he walked back towards his house with the newspaper in hand. "Someone had a good morning."

"Not that it's any of your damn business, but I didn't," she said before reaching her door. She opened her small clutch purse, only to find her cash, lipstick, an extra pair of clean underwear and her phone. "No, no, no," she mumbled to herself as she kneeled down on the ground and shook her clutch, shaking its items out. "Fuck."

"Need some help?" He offered.

Without looking at him, her eyes well up. Nothing was working. Nothing could help her erase the heart ache he caused her when he broke up with her last month. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get away from him. She couldn't move on. It didn't help that they were neighbors.

She nodded her head as she grabbed her stuff and put them back in her clutch. By the time she was done, Chris had already come back with her spare key to open the door for her.

"What is this? The third time this week, Y/N?" He looked at her before unlocking the door. She looked like the furthest thing from the girl he was in love with. She looked broken and he hated himself that he might be the reason for it.

"Like I said, it's not your damn business anymore," she said.

"You think I like seeing you doing your walk of shame walks in the morning, Y/N?!" Chris' voice rose a bit, anger evident in his town.

"If you only knew the truth, Chris."

"Enlighten me."

"I have every intention to go to a random bar and have sex with any guy so I can to get YOU," she jabbed her finger in his chest, "out of my fucking mind. To get over you, Chris, because you dumping me came out of left field and hit me right in the heart."

"Y/N-"

"No! I'm not done," she snapped back. "While you're over here thinking I'm a slut 3 times a week, I actually end up at my best friend's house. She picks me up from whenever I am because I can't follow through with my original plan. I can't fuck any other guy because no matter what, they'll never be you. So, instead I'm drunk crying at her house and past out on her couch because I hate coming home without you cuddling with me," she sniffed and wiped the fallen tears from her cheeks. "It ain't pretty, Chris."

Chris swallowed the tightness in his throat and unlocked the door for her. He didn't know what to say. The truth was, he was hurting too, especially since he believed she was out having multiple one night stands through the week.

Without looking at him, she walked inside her home and slammed the door on his face, not giving him a chance to respond. She leaned her back against the door and slid down until her butt hit the floor. She pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. She buried her face as soft sobs escaped.

Chris let out a deep and heavy sigh as he heard her from the other side of the door. He placed his hand on the door, wishing he could walk through the door, and whisk her into his arms. He craved her. He yearned for her. For her touch, her body, her lips, her love. But, he broke up with for a reason and he's reminded of that when he fought against everything he wanted and walked back to his house without looking back.