13-Breathe

The group had walked off to the car and Obsidian got in the drivers seat, Lita got in the passenger.

"So the two of you kinda grew up together?" Ace asked from the back.

"Yea she was kinda my childhood best friend in a way" Lita laughed. "I had gotten to the orphanage before her then she came and we just clicked. We shared a room, so we would stay up and talk through the night. We would tend to eachothers marks after a whipping. I helped her and she helped me. When I ran I tried to get her to come with me but, she told me to leave and she would keep the mistress busy. She did what she said. She's the reason I got out then met you." Lita rubbed her hands around her face.

That feeling she felt at that moment was a sense if longing in a way. She thought of how different her life would be if her and Cam left together. If she never met the guys.

"She sounds trustworthy back then. I don't trust her now." Colby said to the group. Lita sighed and shook her head.

"You don't trust anyone but yourself." She retorted.

"That is not true I-"

"It is completely true and you know it." Ace told him. Colby smacked Ace on the head.

"Ow the hell was that for?" Ace was still rubbing where Colby had hit him. Colby shrugged and smirked.

"Just felt like it."

"Theres a hotel up on this road." Conner informed changing the subject.

Lita looked out the window to see people living normally. No fear. They had kids, parents, siblings. Everything she never got but wished she did.

There were shops lined up on the street. It made that part of the city look so normal. Granted, normal for the group.

Lita wanted a normal life. She just knows she won't ever get that.

"Lita." Conner called her. Lita shook out of her thoughts and responded to Conner.

"The hotel up here, do we have the cash after food and for clothes tomorrow?" Lita sighed coming back to reality.

"Yea we should have enough."

Obsidian turned the car into the hotel parking lot. Conner was the one to go inside to get a room. Lita was still staring out the window.

"Hey, princess. You good?" Lita heard Colby ask her.

"Yea...just out of it I guess. Probably from see Cameron again." Colby took her answer and dropped it.

***

The group had grabbed everything and took it up to their room.

The guys could all tell that Lita was being more quiet then usual.

Lita -who was carrying the case- put the case on one of the two beds. Without saying a word she walked past the guys into the bathroom and locked the door.

Conner looked from the door to the group.

"What happened?" Concern laced his voice as he asked the rest of the group. Obsidian just walked away with a huff.

"Dont know." Ace responded.

The group moved on from the girl in the bathroom to getting some food.

In the bathroom Lita was just staring in the mirror. Her hands were clutching each side of the sink.

"Breathe." She told herself. There was this weight on her mind. It was dread. She didn't know why. But knew it didn't mean anything good.