10-Get him out of my sight

23 years ago...

The king and queens life was perfect. They had the son they wanted and he was good-for a one year old.

Little Drystan was learning quick. He was walking all over the halls of the castle. Even the king was happy.

All they had to do was wait for him to become older to teach him about being king.

***

Except Drystan became power hungry. He was 17 when the power started to show. They knew of the legend and tried everything to stop it.

Drystan didn't want to stopped. He wasn't going to let anyone get in his way.

"Drystan please sit down." In the dining hall the king sat at the head of the table and Maria next to him. Drystan had just walked in. The kingdoms crowns sat onto of their heads.

The dining hall was respectfully big. Servents were lined the wall in their uniforms. Pillars reached up to the ceiling. The table could seat twenty.

Only half of the table had food place since there were only the royal family.

Drystans black hair was wild and so was his eyes. His black suit made him look more normal -as it was respected for the males to wear suits- considering the look in his eye.

"What do you want mother?" He spat.

"You will not talk to you mother in that way." The king had a look in his eyes that could kill if he wanted.

"I'm terribly sorry mother." Drystan lied through his teeth.

"Both of you stop." Maria demanded. Drystan may be an idiot, but he respected his mother. He did care for her. His father on the other hand, he would kill in an instant.

"Yes mother." He spoke quietly. Maria looked to the king and nodded.

"Your mother and I need to talk to you about you. We are concerned about who you are becoming. There is also something you should be aware of."

"If this is about the throne I am strong enough to rule it, to rule the kingdo-"

"This is not about the throne or the kingdom. This is about you." Maria spoke. Drystan opened his mouth to speak but when he saw his father he shut his mouth and let him continue.

"Thank you my love. Now back to as I was saying. There is a legend. It spoke of two children one older then the other but both born in royalty. One will strive for the throne the other will not. Both will have gifts. They call them the children of darkness. Your mother and I believe you are one of them. The seer says the children will not be set in stone, meaning the children's path can change." Drystan looked at his mother and shook his head.

"You think I'm the power hungry one dont you. You think I'm darkness. You think I'm not fit to rule." He was growing angry. He stood and the chair scratched against the floor. It echoed through the hall. The king stood with much more intimidation. Maria sighed and left the room. Both the prince and king watched her leave. Neither wanted to disappoint her but they already done that.

"You want the truth Drystan?" He nodded at his father.

"Your right. You aren't fit to rule this kingdom. You are power hungry. If I let you on the throne it will be the end of this civilization." The kings voice boomed in the room. Drystam tried not to show fear but he was frightened. More then frightened he was angry.

"What do you know about ruling old man. You sit in the castle all day. The people barley see you. But yet they still call you a great king. Pathetic." The king was about to step forward when Maria stepped in.

"Drystan. Go to your room the guards will not let you leave. We will talk about this later." Drystan looked to his mother and started to back away. When the king needed to have the final word.

"You are a disgrace to the family name." Maria glared at her husband from the door. Drystan should've let the comment go. He should've walked away. He shouldn't have let his anger get the best of him. But then again. He never truly listened.

Drystan grabbed the dagger that was on his thigh and threw it. He thew a dagger at his father.

The king tried to stay up on his feet but the daggers blade pierced him too far. The guards had ran and took hold of Drystan who was still in shock if what he done. He felt no remorse no sadness from looking at the pool of blood forming around his father. That is until Maria screamed and ran towards him.

Maria called for the docters and tired to keep the kings eyes open. Blood was staining her hands, her white dress, but she didn't care. She looked up at her son with tears down her face. She looked at him with such disgust and hatred.

"Put him in the dungeons. I want three guards at his cell at all times. Get him out of my sight." She couldn't watch as they dragged him away.

Drystan suddenly felt regret from seeing his mother's face the disappointment in her eyes. But he still was proud. He killed the king.

Almost.

The first look at Drystan he is supposed to be bad and you will see him much more later in the story i promise he has a big part to play xoxo