97-I flew

LITA POV:

I yelled at the top of my lungs knowing no one below could hear. My thighs tightly held onto the neck of Nurieth. Each time his wings flapped it pushed us forward, and blew the wind right at me.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. My cheeks started to hurt from my smile.

Bending down I held onto the large spikes on his back allowing myself to look down. I couldn't see the ground.

It was just clouds.

"This is amazing." I looked around seeing the glow from the sun. Nurieth started to descend. I quickly held on burrying my face to his back.

The wind pulled at my body but I held on. Nurieth slowed, then rumbled.

I opened my eyes sitting slowly back up. We were on ground. Meridia was landing a few feet in front of us.

Pulling my leg over the side I carefully slid down. My feet hit the grass and Nurieth looked over at me.

This was the first I could really look at them.

Tiny spikes lined their breast area. Their wings each had a single claw. Their tail was lined with spikes as was their back.

"You got so big." I whispered my hand pressing on the side of Nurieths face. Just an hour ago they were babies now, they could destroy an entire city with a sneeze.

Nurieth leaned into my hand almost as if he understood. Dragons were supposed to be intelligent, maybe they always knew.

My hand dropped and my eyes glided over to Meridia.

Her green was so vibrant. While Nurieth was dark.

I smiled softly walking in the middle of them to the cliff they brought me to.

My heart still pounded in my chest. I backed up looking back at both Nurieth and Meridia.

"Drakein."

Their faces in almost sync turned to the cliff, and the fire was unleashed. Twisting away from the heat I covered my face. I could still see the color of the flames peeking through.

I heard it finish and I let my arms fall. Looking over the edge I saw steam rising from the water below. The grass was charred in front of the cliff.

"Ok then."

I turned back walking to Nurieth climbing back into his back.

"Lets get back." I whispered. Whistling, they took flight back in the direction of Zaharia.

***

Nurieth slowly got lower through the clouds. I squinted now seeing the city. I grimaced at the destroyed mansion.

Half of it was still standing the other hand was destroyed, and laying in pieces.

Meridia roared announcing our presence. I laughed clutching onto the spikes as we started to lower to the ground. As soon as his feet hit the ground people came running. From both my group, and just the people.

"You had dragons?!"

"Are you alright?"

"What the hell Lita?!"

"How could you not tell the people!?"

"Alright alright!" I yelled quieting everyone down.