26-I just want her back

17 years ago...

Lita was an amazing baby. She rarely cried and she was loved by all.

The king and queen didn't take her out to the public often, they were scared Drystan would be watching.

No guard could find any trace from him.

Lita was now a month old. One month went by of paranoia. The queen was nervous about the possibility of seeing her son again. The king just wanted to keep his family safe.

Both knew what he would do if he was able to get to Lita.

Lita was never left alone. Lisa was the only one allowed to be with the princess if the Maria and Will had to do kingdom business.

Maria and Will sat in the throne room looking like royalty. Civilians were entering and asking for assistance on matters. Guards lined the hall each in their stance. The rulers were in their thrones.

The kings throne was an acient silver metal named Vashine. It was tall and powerful. When you would look at it you could feel the responsibility that came with it.

The queens throne was made of the same metal but slightly shorter then the kings. It also sat slightly to the side allowing the king to be in the middle.

It was said that dragons used their flames to melt the ancient Vashine into the liquid. Allowing it to be formed into the thrones that sat in the castle.

That same metal is said to be lost. Or it can be found but can not be melted.

The keepers have old scrolls that tell the myths.

Nobody alive has seen a dragon.

***

"I need money for my children your graces. Ever since the winter my crops have stopped growing. I ask to have a small amount until I can grow again." An old man kneeled in front of Will he held his hat in his hand.

The king wanted to scoff. He cared about the people but crops not growing was not something the crown had to worry about.

"I'm sorry sir but the crown can not help you with that matter." He responded firmly. The man nodded before scurring out of the hall.

Maria was silent during the meetings. She missed Lita. Her sweet little girl. She trusted Lisa it was the constant worry the bothered her.

Another entered the hall.

It was a women in a pink dress who was holding a bag.

"Speak my friend." The king greeted.

The women knelt and bowed her head. She set the bag on the ground before speaking.