47-We have to tell her

Lita stared out the window in her room. She hadn't left her room all day, with the fight with Obsidian, and Colbys confession her mind was clouded.

She had one rule she wanted to obey. It was her one goal to keep what she had without it being taken from her. Now, everything will be different.

Lita chewed on her nail as her mind raced. A knock on the door broke the silence.

"Lita, its me." She knew it was Conner, he was the only one who knew about her rule. She said come in not turning to greet him.

"Don't do this Lita, don't shut down. I know you feel like you've failed but you haven't." He walked over to her seat on the ground sitting next to her. He heard her breath a sigh as he looked at her profile.

"I did. I let it happen, I let him kissed me then I fucking kissed him back. I allowed it, now when I go out there nothing will be the same." She mumbled crossing her arms over her chest. Conner shook his head.

"Who cares, its still us. Nothing will be different, don't let your fear control you. Just because you know he has feelings doesn't mean he will change, nothing was weird when he was hiding it. Why would it be different?"

She bit her cheek, she knew he was tight deep down. Then she thought about the fight with Obsidian.

"Obsidian saw it happen, and he blew up. He said I was no different then the girls from when you were growing up." She admitted. Conner nodded knowing what he was connecting the situation to.

"Obsidian and Colby always had it out for eachother. There was a girl then Obsidian met and was ultimately falling for. Then Colby went and kinda pushed him aside and took her from him. Obsidian was crushed for a 12 year old boy. He didn't speak for a week, and Colby didn't even give him a glance. Obsidian has always felt that way towards Colby don't take it too harshly." Lita understood why he had gotten mad at her. Not the full reason but she wasn't as mad at him anymore.

"I can't afford to break my rule Conner. If I do then let's say I'm about to die, one of you steps on front of me because of your feelings of whatever reason. Then your blood is on my hands." Her head turned facing him. He could see how much it affected her, he smiled sadly at her.

"Its our job Lita. We are supposed to step in front of that knife." He told her. Lita shook her head.

"No. None of you are dying for me, I don't care if its your damn mission. Cameron already died because of me. If I'm going to die nobody sacrifices themselves for me again. Not like my parents did." She mumbled the last part Conner put his hand on her arm.

"Don't bring that into this. They loved you Lita, they died with honor." Lita bit her lip her head falling onto his shoulder.

"They died for me. It's my fault they aren't here." She sniffed whiping her eyes. Conner let his head fall onto hers.

He knew her reading the book would break her. She had been through so much and she didn't even know it.

From the moment Lita Lovis was born people wanted to kill her.

"They loved you, so do we. We will make it to the end of this Lita. I promise." She smiled at his words even though he couldn't see her.

"Thank you Conner." She said.

"Anytime." He replied softly seeing the girl play with her fingers on her lap.

***

Lita fell asleep on Conners shoulder feeling exhausted. Conner had been able to reach a book from the near bookcase, and had been reading it letting her sleep on him.

"Lita?" Conner looked away from the page hearing Colby outside the door.

"Come in." He told him still quieting his voice. Colby walked in immediately seeing the girl asleep. He smiled at the sight of her before looking at the boy.

"Help me get her to the bed." Conner hold him. Colby nodded walking over to them.

The two managed to pick the girl up laying her on her bed. Luckily she didn't wake, only moved before falling back asleep.

Once Conner stood up straight he motioned Colby to follow him. The pair walked out the room softly shutting the door.

"What is it?" Colby questioned.

"We have to tell her." Conner simply said. Colby cocked his head before shaking his head.

"It'll crush her. Do you really want to do that to her right now?"

Conner sighed looking back at the closed door before thinking about their conversation.

"She already read the book. She needs the truth Colby and all of us have to tell her. She destroying her right now with her not knowing the full of it." Colby sighed running hisbhands over his face. His heart said no, but his mind said yes.

He eventually nodded at Conner knowing the boy was right.

"When she wakes up. The army, Drystan, everything." Conner said before walking away.

Cute little moment between Conner and Lita this chapter is short only because the next two are probably going to be on the longer side at least one of them xoxo