84-The potion

18 years ago...

"I need to speak to him." Maria ordered. Will knew there was no use is arguing.

"Yes my love." He nodded and waited for her to follow him out the door. Missandra had left to search for the recipe for the potion.

It was difficult to find all of the ingredients, but she says it will happen.

The king and queen made their way to the dungeons.

Will nodded to one of the guards and had him open the cage. Rheagars white hair was tangled and stained with dirt.

He hadn't been out for years but its what he wanted. Very few people know of his existence. If news got out it would be a free for all to kill the last Black.

Rhaegar took notice of his old friends letting a small smile grow.

"Your grace." His voice was so dry and raspy. Will motioned for the guard to leave. Now it was just the three.

"Can you walk my friend?" Will asked walking closer to the cage. Rhaegar did not respond, instead he went to stand.

Will stepped forward to steady him when the man stumbled.

Rhaegar smiled in thanks putting his arm over Wills shoulder finding his footing.

"What is it that you need me for?" He asked again. He still had his accent from his home-Verona.

Maria took it upon herself to answer.

"We need your help with our child." Rhaegar became confused.

"Am I wrong to say your child was banished?"

Will looked to Maria sadly.

"You are correct it is out next child that we need your help with. Can you help us?"

Rhaegar did not hesitate to answer.

"It will be my honor your grace."

***

After walking up all the stairs Rhaegar was able to walk on his own. His eyes wondered out all the windows on the tower. Every brick, crack, step, he acted like he was seeing it for the first time.

Which is the truth partly. He hasn't been out of the dungeons in a decade. Ten years since the Black family had been wiped out. Ten years since Rhaegar fought beside his family and became the last. Ten years since the Lovis' became the reigning family. Ten years since the Alastors ran to The Vale and stayed there.