24-You must obey

6 years ago...

Obsidian was 13 years old and the rest 12. Their Master was standing over them pacing as the four were sat with bent heads kneeling on the ground listening to their father figure.

"You see boys, pain is a virtue. It is was will make you the strong men you will become." His strong voice echoed through the mansion. His black hair tied back into a ponytail. His red jacket trailing behind him as he paced.

"But it hurts Master." Conner spoke up.

"As it should. You need to be strong to fulfill the task. You are not just boys you are knights, you are protectors." Conner nodded and bent his head back down.

Their bodies hurt from training. Even with them doing it for two years now their small bodies were not use to the strain.

"Stand my sons and go to your rooms." The Master commanded. Each boy stood and bowed before making their way up the wodden staircase.

Once they were out of earshot they all let a breath out.

"Today was hard." Ace said. He looked down to his fists which were bruised and bloody.

"As was yesterday, and the day before that." Colby told him.

The brothers were walking down the hall. No they were not realated but to eachother they were family.

"Master would hate us talking about his training in vain." Conner reminded them.

"Who cares he can't hit us any harder." Obsidian said with a shrug. The four doors came into view each boy going to stand next to their own. They looked back at eachother and smiled at one another, before walking into their rooms and closing the doors.

Conner immediately went to his small hidden library and took out his favorite. It was about a strong knight breaking away from his path finding love and happiness. It was called The Rouge Knight. Conner had read it hundreds of times but it brought him comfort. He smiled before starting the chapter sitting at his chair by the window.

Ace had went to sit on his bed, bandaging his hands. The pain had subsided where Ace could barley feel it now. But it was still there. Once his hands were wrapped he went to the window and looked out to the village. He saw the children screaming and playing. People carrying baskets across the streets. The horses pulling the carriages for the farmers. Ace just watched with pursed lips.

Colby had gone to his hidden journal and pencils. He started to write. He ignored the pain in his arms as they moved across the page. He wrote about his day, the training, his feelings. He did it everyday like clockwork. He had filled out seven journals across the years. He wrote stories too. Making his own world where he could escape and forget his reality.