52-You wish

LITA POV:

My breath seemed to hitch and stop. He took his hand away pushing me to the pole. I turned facing him.

"Cut the act, what do you want?" I didnt want to just fall for his trick, or whatever he had planned. He tutted at me before grabbing a rope pulling himself up.

"C'mon have a little fun." He laughed towards me before pulling himself higher up. I watched as he climbed like he had done it before.

Is this when I die.

Just don't fall.

I grunted quietly as I wrapped my hand around another rope. Using my arm strength to pull me up I was able to stand horizontally.

I heard his laugh echo down to me.

"Slow poke." I let out a huff as I pulled myself up. He had made it to the crowsnest and waited to me there.

"Will you just shut the fuck up?" I snapped. His voice had started to annoy me the more he taunted.

"No, I don't think I will." I could almost hear the grin plastered on his face as he watched me.

My hands were burning from the material of the rope. With one last pull I was at the top.

"Did you take a nap halfway up?" I glared at him as my arms fell to my side.

The crowsnest was small. A circle wrapped around the pole with one opening up and down.

"Woah." I said breathlessly as I saw the view.

The way the moon shined on the ocean and the deck below. The ocean extended to miles with its darkness.

"Pretty isn't it?" My attention was pulled away by the boy next to me.

"It would be much better if you weren't here."

"I could say the same for you darling." I rolled my eyes crossing my arms as I leaned them on the wood railing.

"Why didn't you take me up here?" I asked. He bit his lip and he folded his hands together.

"You looked like you needed an escape. Here it is." He opened his arms to the open ocean around us. A genuine smile spread across my face.

"How..." I had to think of the right word to respond with.

"How sweet." I finished. My voice was unsure since a part of me didn't fully trust his intentions. Even so, I enjoyed it.

The silence that fell was not like the others between us. It was comfortable and not angry, or hateful.

I had to find the courage to say the next bit.

"I'm sorry." His head quickly turned to me. He looked at me with the slightest bit of confusion.

"I'm not saying the fight was fully on me, but I definitely contributed." He nodded slowly at me.

I didnt expect him to say he was sorry or anything, but I was tired of the feud.

"Y'know we don't have to hate eachother. We can be friends." He laughed shortly.

"Sorry darling, I don't do friends." He turned away looking out to the sea.

"Can I ask why or will the end with me dead on the deck?" I heard him softly sigh before glancing at me. I truly didn't want to push, but I also did want to learn more about him.

"Sadly I can't kill you. But, when you were locked up all your childhood and taught this and that. You don't really learn how to make friends. It also just opens yourself up for more disappointment. Which is why I only love one person. Me." I could tell it was difficult for him to say but I thanked him for it anyway.

"I get it." I told him shrugging.

"I mean it was like that in the orphanage, don't do this, do this, the rules went on for miles. Cameron was the only person I talked to. The only other finds I have is this group." I didn't mean to say it so sadly, I didn't want the pity from it.

"Looks like we both are fucked up in the department." He said with his smirk returning. I nodded as I slid my tongue across my teeth.

OBSIDIAN POV:

My eyes continued to glance at her. The way she so carelessly looked out to the ocean. Or how she didn't hesitate to follow me up here.

I put my head down staring at the ring that sat on my finger.

Maybe she isn't so bad.

Maybe my thoughts were right. Could I have been wrong about her?

I pushed my eyebrows together as I tried to figure it out in my head. Her apologizing first was one of the reasons why.

I clenched my jaw as the wind blew harder against us.

The pole swung in wind rocking the two of us.

I looked over to the girl beside me to see her clutching the railing. I snickered at her.

"I don't want to die ok?" I snorted at her making her turn to me. She had an open smile towards me. A smiel tugged on my own lips as we stared at eachother.

"Did you just snort?" I tried to contain the smile.

"Fuck you thats what it was." She laughed rolling her eyes.

"You wish." My smile faded and dropped. My mind went places as a spark of anger appeared.

"Hey?" Her voice cut the empty silence. She stared at me watching as my face contorted.

"The hell you mean?" I snapped glaring at her. She opened her mouth but seemed to be speechless.

"Where did that come from?" She shot back.

I grumbled under my breath.

"It came from you being a bitch." I spat. She laughed bitterly.

"Count on you to ruin a good moment." She muttered.

I cracked my neck slapping my hand on the railing.

"Fuck you."

She shook her head flipping her hair to her shoulder.

"And to think I started to like you." She muttered once more. I clenched my fist before walking around her to the opening. 

She watched without saying anything as I grabbed the rope letting myself fall. She scoffed quietly as I left her up there.

NORMAL POV:

Lita stood dumbfounded as Obsidian left without another word.

Lita looked from side to side and she slammed her hand on the wood.

"That fucker." She hissed to herself.

Obsidian landed on the deck not glancing back up storming to his room.

Lita didn't bother following him as she slid down the wood exhausted.

She bit her tongue as she felt the anger.

"Damnit." She whispered as she heard a door slam.

" She whispered as she heard a door slam