48-Any last words

17 years ago...

The news about the upcoming war spread like wildfire. Drystan went back into hiding completing the announcement of his presence. The king was constantly on edge, snapping at people, barking at the guards, even Maria and him seemed to separate.

Each knew what was going to happen when Drystan came into the light. He had a plan and they knew that.

Maria never let Lita out of her sight. She knew she would have to say the last goodbye to her daughter. The plans for the princess were all in place.

Maria cradled her daughter to her chest as she stared out to the night sky.

Lita was being sent off the next morning. They couldn't risk keeping her in the kingdom any longer.

Will stormed into the room almost throwing off his crown. Maria turned facing him watching as he paced.

"Will." She called softly. He grunted in reply not sparing her a glance.

"Will. Spend time with our daughter, please." She pleaded. Will looked up seeing the look of his wife's face. He nodded walking over to the pair. She smiled sweetly at him before passing him the almost sleeping baby.

Lita opened her eyes letting a goofy smile grow on her lips. She reached out with her small hands to her fathers face. Will smiled before kissing her forehead.

"I'm so sorry my princess." He mumbled against her soft skin. Maria clasped her hands together as she watched them. Will looked up before standing beside the queen.

He pressed his lips to her cheek.

"She'll be ok." He comforted. Maria nodded as the tears welled up in her eyes. She didn't hold them back.

"We won't." She whispered looking at her love. Will sighed not being able to respond.

Lita let out a giggle as she sucked her thumb. Maria sadly looked down at her daughter.

"She will save us all." Maria said her eyes not leaving her daughters.

"That she will my love. She will be the greatest queen in history." Will responded handing the baby back to his wife. Once Lita was safely in Marias arms Will hugged Maria.

"We love you dear. You will conquer this world, you will live. I'm so sorry it has to be this way. But know, mommy and daddy will watch over you. We will be there every step of the way. We love you Lita." Maria choked up watching as a tear fell onto Lita head.