34-Let me out

The next to weeks consisted of healing, fighting, disagreeing, and running.

Lita healed and was now back to normal. The only thing remaining what her cut lip and bruised rib.

Colby was constantly nagging the group to keep moving. Since he was so worried they wouldn't make it.

They were close to the meeting point. A mere week away.

Colby still hadn't said where they were meeting only that it was hidden.

A new wash went over the group. They were no longer the happy sarcastic group. They were worried.

The time together was seemingly coming to an end.

They knew once they got to Zaharia they would still be with one another. But to them, it would be different. People would be watching them. Counting on them. They would have to be serious in the kingdom.

Lita still has no idea what to expect. How was she supposed to act? What will they do? Colby kept telling her that she would know once they were almost to Zaharia.

***

Lita leaned her head against the window feeling the cool glass. She watched the cars whizz by along with the trees. In her mind she knew she would never be here again. Once she was in Zaharia that where she would stay. She would be stuck.

Ace and Colby were planning the last week out. Obsidian was driving next to Lita. Conner was asleep against the door.

"Hey turn here." Ace told Obsidian. Obsidian followed his direction and kept driving.

Litas eyes went to Obsidians profile. How his jaw was so prominent. The way his dark curls fell in front of his eyes. She saw how lost in his mind he was.

His hands would clench the wheel harder and looser. Her eyes followed down his arm to the ring that sat on his finger.

Her thoughts were interrupted by that same boys voice.

"You want a picture?" Lita rolled her eyes at him and faced the other way.

"You honestly don't have to ask. I'm up for anything darling."

"Drop dead." She deadpanned. He laughed. His deep laugh entering the small car.

"If I did i think you would miss me too much. I make your life interesting. Your hatred for me is all you have."

Lita faced him seeing him doing the same before facing back onto the road.

"I dont think I would. If you dropped dead right here, I think I would cheer and throw a party." He smirked at her response.

"Oh really?" He taunted. He was testing her and she knew it.

She kissed her teeth before relaxing into the cushioned seat. She faced ahead.

"Yea I would." She didn't let any emotion slip through her teeth.

Obsidian stared at the girl and almost let a smile grace his lips. He shook his head and focused completely onto the road.

Driving didn't stop him from looking at the beautiful girl beside him.

"Lita, how's your rib?" The quiet conversation between the two was interrupted by the now awake Conner.