93-Mother

"How do you know?"

"Because I saw the whole city up in flames. Is that enough proof?" Lita hissed.

"No it isn't. We can not evacuate the entire city just because you had a dream." Lita advanced toward Peter. Fire behind her honey eyes. Nobody dared to get between them.

"Then get ready to burn Peter. My brother will enjoy watching us all go up in flames. Let's not give him that satisfaction. Can you do that, Peter?" His name rolled off her tongue like venom. He nodded, his eyes going to each of hers.

"Good." She smiled stepping away not letting her glare falter.

"What exactly did you see Lita?" Lita turned to Lisa forgetting about the man.

"Drystan standing in the middle of the road. He set the whole mansion on fire. Us five were at the top. I didn't see what happened after that. Every house was in flames, people were running while he was....laughing." Lisa smiled gratefully at the girl.

"Thank you." Lita nodded forcing another smile. She stepped back in line with Obsidian his hand finding hers.

"I will send patrols all around the barrier, inside and out. I can not abandon this place after all we did to build it. But, I also won't let everyone die here either. The blacksmiths will prepare our army with weapons and armor. If he's coming he'll have a fight."

Everyone took that as their time to leave. The five all went up the steps.

They all needed to talk about what Lita saw about them.

"What happened to us Lita?" Ace asked shutting the door behind them. Lita sighed pulling at her hair.

"I don't know. One minute we were there then we weren't." Lita rambled. Obsidian kept hold of her hand rubbing his thumb soothingly across her skin.

"It doesn't mean we are dead. We could've ran for all we know." Conner countered. Lita nodded at his answer.

She didn't want to die. Not yet. Not when she was finally becoming happy. She had so much more to do and love for.

"We can't know until that happens. Lita, " Lita looked up looking at Colby.

"Pay attention when its happening. You've seen it, tell us when and we will plan for it. We can run." Lita nodded squeezing Obsdians hand.

Conner cleared his throat gesturing for the three to leave. He winked at the girl before shutting the door. Lita laughed turning around to Obsidian.

"I won't let anything happen to you, you know what right?" He placed his free hand on her cheek. She kissed his palm.

"I'm the one with superpowers. I should be protecting you." He smiled using his hand to bring her closer.

"But I, am your protector darling. So get used to it." He leaned down connecting their lips in a slow meaningful kiss. He smiled into it as he normally did.

Lita will never get used to this feeling. His fingers laced through her hair holding her in place. Her free hand was placed low on his stomach. She could feel the defined abs through this shirt.

Obsidian pulled away both breathing heavily.

"You are beautiful Lita." She blushed smiling with it.

"And you are something Obsidian." He made a face throwing his head back.

"Just something?"

She nodded kissing his shortly.

"Just something." He smiled then kissed her again.

"I'll never get used to that." He mumbled against her lips. She picked his once more walking away.