Unconditional

Kara's POV

When Cesia told us the past has come to haunt us, I already prepared myself.

But I never knew that it would hurt... this bad.

My eyes drifted to Dio who looked back at me. His eyes were pleading, as if asking me to stop talking.

"How did you do it? And why?"

"I was already able to use my abilities when I was younger." sagot ko. "And I used it to kill people."

"She wasn't a target but she was a witness, a loose end." At this point on, I'm just praying my voice wouldn't crack because once it does, I wouldn't be able to pull myself up. "It was in a resort, I believe, just beside the ocean. She saw me kill the man who was staying across her room and so I went after her."

Hindi ko pinansin ang mga mata ng iba na nakatuon sa'kin. Lalo na ang mapanakit na tingin ni Dio sa'kin habang sinasalaysay ko ang nangyari.

Huminga ako nang malalim. "She fought up with me but I was strong enough to keep her under the tub filled with water-"

"Did she struggle?"

Panandalian kong pinikit ang aking mga mata nang tanungin 'yon ni Zeus. 

"S-She did." Shit. I stuttered

"Continue."

"After her heart stopped beating, I put her body inside a luggage and carried her by the sea and there, I emptied the luggage."

Napalunok ako pagkatapos makita si Dio na napayuko.

That's right, Dio. Don't look at me.

"Is there anyone else who'd like to declare him or herself a witness to the murder?"

Silence followed.

"Then we shall proceed to the next trial."

"I'd like to appeal for a..." Hera sounded nervous. "A break. Perhaps to umm... give them the time to-"

"Is this pity that I hear from you?" Bahagyang nilingon ni Zeus si Hera na hindi mapakali ang mga mata habang nag-iisip ng maisagot.

She closed her eyes for a second. "Yes, Zeus."

"Your reason?"

"Because I didn't anticipate such..." May awa sa kanyang mga mata nang tignan ako. "-connection."

"This is why I never wanted to play a part in your victory." Zeus said. "You have brought chaos, and now, you have unknowingly become an enemy to yourself and the people around you."

"So we shall give them time to accept, yes?" suhestyon ni Hera.

Zeus nodded his head in agreement.

Narinig namin ang pagbukas ng malalaking pinto ng court room. Paglabas ko, nalaman kong nasa loob pala ng ceremonial hall ang court room. At dahil pamilyar na ako sa bawat sulok at liko ng corridors, tumakbo ako sa classroom na pinakamalayo sa hall para magtago.

I could hear footsteps that followed me and stopped on the other side of the door.

"Kara?" Cesia's voice was close to the door.

I leaned my back against the door and took deep breaths. "Did you know all this?"

Kinuyom ko ang aking mga palad. "T-Tell me."

Tinanggap ko ang katahimikan bilang sagot niya. Tinakpan ko ang aking bibig at tuluyan ngang dumausdos pababa hanggang sa maupo ako sa sahig.

"Kara-"