The Seeker of Boundaries

Kara's POV

My lips formed a soft smile while looking at the little girl reading a children's book. Nakaupo siya ngayon sa gitna ng lobby ng isang resort.

"Hi." binati ko ang babae na nasa likod ng front desk. "What's the most expensive room you have?"

Bago pa siya makasagot ay nagsalita na ako. "I'll take it."

"I'd also like to avail tickets for the water park. One for adult, and one for a child. Good for the duration of our stay." dagdag ko.

Habang inaasikaso ang pagreserve ko ng room, napatingin ako sa aking relo.

It's time.

"I'll be back." sambit ko at tumungo sa batang babae na tumayo na mula sa kinauupuan niya. Binaba na niya rin ang libro na binabasa niya.

Lumapit ako sa kanya at umupo sa tapat niya.

"Kamille." I gave her a warning look. "Sit."

Tinignan niya ako nang nakakunot ang noo, nagtataka.

"I said sit." matigas kong pagkasabi, dahilan na mapaupo siya.

"You're not going to kill anyone, anymore." Ilang sandali pa'y nanlambot ang ekspresyon sa aking mukha. "You don't have to... Kara."

"Why do you know me?" she asked, voice as numb as how I used to be.

"You're going to kill a man..." pagbibigay-alam ko sa kanya. "And a woman..."

And you're going to regret it.

A mistake.

"Are you one of uncle's-"

"No." mabilis kong sagot. "No, I am not, and so are you."

"Who are you?"

"I'm here to take you home, Kamille." Bumaba ang aking tingin sa libro na binabasa niya.

'Cinderella.'

You never had a childhood, did you?

"I..." Halatang ikinabigla niya ang sinabi ko. She pursed her lips for a moment, and with a soft tone, she replied, "But I don't have a home..."

Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes, when I felt what she meant. She looked back at me, without knowing that I was her. Without knowing that there was a home somewhere out there, waiting for her.

"I'm sorry if I arrived late." Naluluha ang aking mga mata nang ngitian siya. "But it's not too late for you..."

May tinitignan siya sa aking likod.

I already know who she was looking at.

A man, the target of this assassination.

"I have to go-"

"No." pinigilan ko siya. "You don't have to do that."

"You don't have to hurt others you don't mean to hurt." saad ko.

"You don't understand-"

"I do." giit ko. "I do understand every bit of you."

"You have a home, demigod." I said, sincerely. "And they're waiting for you."

"H-How..." Napatigil siya. "How did you know I'm-"

"I'm a demigod, too." Nananabik kong sabi sa kanya, na naiiyak. "Just like you."