Cold Waters

Dio's POV

I know I wasn't the only one who thought I was having hallucinations of Cesia's voice. I started hearing her voice in my mind a few seconds before the trance disappeared, and then it echoed around the entrance hall.

"Kailan niyo balak tumigil?"

My eyes wandered around the hall. "Kara..."

I swear she was beside me while we were in the trance. In fact, she was the first one to find me in that dark cold room.

"Dio-"

Nabigla ako nang may humilig na katawan sa gilid ko, but I was strong enough to open my arms and catch her by the shoulder. Her arms fell by her side as she leaned her head on my chest, eyes shut.

Nakapalipot ang isang braso ko sa likod niya habang yung isa kong kamay, nakahawak sa ulo niya.

"I don't feel well..." she whispered.

"Can you walk?" I whispered back.

"N-No..." She said, and tugged my shirt gently. "I'm sorry..."

Nakabaon pa rin ang ulo niya sa aking dibdib nang tanggalin ko ang aking braso na nakasuporta sa kanyang likod. Saka ako yumuko para mailipat ito sa likuran ng kanyang tuhod.

"Hey..." mahina kong tugon. "Put your arm around my neck."

And as she did, I lifted her legs from the ground and transferred all her weight on my arms.

"There." Nginitian ko siya kahit alam kong hindi niya ito nakikita.

"I'm sorry..." Mula sa pagkakapit sa aking leeg, bumagsak ang kanyang braso sa tiyan niya. "...Dio."

Kumunot ang kanyang noo habang nakapikit. "I-I'm weak..."

Yumuko ako para mapalapit sa tenga niya. "You're the strongest, Kara."

I gave her a kiss on the forehead. "That's why I love you."

I wanted to tell her that being strong doesn't mean you're not allowed to be weak, but when her brows straightened and a faint smile appeared on her lips for a moment, I knew she has decided to fall asleep in my arms.

I lifted my head and looked at the students around me. "Wake her up and I'm going to fucking drown all of you."

I gave Cal and Seht a sharp glare before walking out of the hall.

I walked calmly, but at the same time, rushed towards the dorm.

Nagmamadali ako dahil determinado akong makabalik sa entrance hall agad-agad at pag-untugin ang ulo nina Cal at Seht.

Seriously.

Nahirapan akong buksan yung pinto ng dorm at kwarto niya pero nagawa ko naman.

Dahan-dahan ko siyang ibinaba sa higaan niya. "I'll be back."

Pabalik ako sa entrance hall nang salubungin ako nina Cesia at Trev sa hallway, kasama sina Kaye at Slade.

"Where'd they go?" tanong ko.

"In the dungeons." Si Slade ang sumagot. "As ordered by the principal."

"I can't imagine Zeus' reaction sa oras na makita niya ang sira pagkapasok niya pa lang ng Academy." ani Kaye. "Anong gagawin natin bukas? We can't just act like we're fine in front of Zeus and Hera."

Worry filled the air around us, but it vanished once Cesia spoke with a light tone.

"Gabi na." Nginitian niya kami. "Sabay na tayong mag-dinner sa dorm."