Damaged

Dio's POV

"Just because you don't like reading doesn't mean you can stare at me like that, Dio." She took a slight sip from her cup of tea before looking down again at the opened pages of the book she was holding.

"But I like looking at you." sagot ko, habang nakapangalumbaba sa mesa na nasa pagitan naming dalawa. "I can look at you all day, Kara."

Umangat ang kanyang mga mata mula sa pagkakatuon sa libro. "Don't act like everything's fine."

Nag-abot ang aking kilay dahil sa sinabi niya. "Wait. May problema ba sa'ting dalawa?"

She gave me a bored look before flipping to the next page. "I'm referring to the chaos in the realms."

A sigh of relief escaped my lips. "Shit. I thought I did something wrong."

Hindi niya ako binalingan ng tingin nang umangat ang kanyang kilay. "So you're more concerned with our relationship than the realms."

Her comment made me smile as I looked at the horizon in front of us. "Kara..."

Nasa labas kami ng veranda, at maaliwalas ang kalangitan ngayon, kaya mula rito, abot-tanaw ko ang dulo ng kagubatan.

"There was a time when there was no sunlight, and the clouds, were as red as blood." I said, while still looking at the scenery. "And yet, it only came to pass."

"Ang dami nang nangyari sa buhay ko, ang dami nang dumaan, pero ikaw lang 'yong nanatili." Ibinalik ko ang aking atensyon sa kanya. "So yeah, let's just say you mean more than the world to me."

Napansin ko ang pag-angat ng libro na nasa kamay niya para takpan nang bahagya ang kanyang mukha. As if this wasn't enough, she looked down way past below the book to avoid my gaze.

I grinned.

Cute.

"Your tea is getting cold." aniya.

I didn't take my eyes off of her and grabbed the cup in front of me. Habang iniinom yung tsaa, pinadalhan ko siya ng nanunuksong tingin.

"Dio."

"Hmm?"

She cleared her throat. "S-Stop looking at me like that."

A mischievous smirked formed on my lips. Hearing her stutter because of me is kind of flattering.

"Get used to it." I subtly replied.

It took her a full minute to compose herself. Afterwards, she put the book down on the table and finished her cup of tea, all the while giving me the cold treatment.

Isinandal ko ang aking likod sa upuan sabay halukipkip ng mga braso sa dibdib. Patuloy ko lang siyang tinitigan, ngunit wala nang halong panunukso ang pagtingin ko sa kanya, kasi napalitan ito ng pag-aalala.

Mabilis niyang nahagip ang pagbabago ng ekspresyon ko dahilan na mapangiti ako.

"Your senses are getting better." puna ko.

Tuluyan na nga niyang iniwan ang binabasa niyang libro sa mesa para kausapin ako.

"What's wrong?" Nakakunot-noo niyang tanong. "I'm listening."

I took a deep breath and let it go. "Nothing." I smiled at her. "You're just..."

It took me a full second to settle on a word that would describe what I'm feeling right now.