Oracles

Ria's POV

Naglibot-libot lang ako sa realm ni Mnemosyne. Nakalagay ang aking mga braso sa likod nang tumigil ako sa harap ng isa sa mga salamin na kasinglaki ko.

'You can never set a destiny for someone else unless you're destined to do so...'

That's right. Matilda and I are in the realm of memories. Specifically, my memories. 

As for Chase, hindi namin siya kasama ngayon. Ilang beses ko na siyang ginising pero tinatabig lang niya ako. Ewan ko ba kung anong nangyayari sa kanya simula nung natuto ulit akong lumipad.

Sinabi ko lang naman na may mga tao kaming dapat pakawalan, and now he's acting like he's seriously dying because of what I said.

'And as it turns out, I was chosen to declare the war against destiny.'

Nakakunot ang aking noo habang nakikinig sa sinabi ni Mnemosyne.

'Everything that happened to me was to get me to do everything that I have done now.'

Hmm. Mnemosyne said she was chosen to declare the war against destiny... and yet, we found out that destiny was not an enemy.

Did she not know about it? After all this time?

'Sinasabi mo bang nagsisisi ka sa lahat ng ginawa mo?'

'I regret making that prophecy, Ria. I regret choosing vengeance over that Eris... I regret choosing to fall in love with a mortal... I regret choosing to bear a child... I regret choosing to force Eros to strike your deities' heart... I regret choosing to protect the daughter of my son-'

For a powerful deity, she does have a lot of regrets. 

'As much as I regret it, there was no mistake.'

Napatigil ako. 

The reason why you regret a decision, is because you know you made a mistake.

"Tsk." I hissed. "Classic deities." Of course, she feels regret but she still wouldn't acknowledge her mistakes.

"You know, you really should stop insulting the deities like that." Tumabi sa'kin si Matilda at nakinood sa huli kong ala-ala ni Mnemosyne.

"Yeah..." Saka ako sumimangot. "No."

"And besides, wala na sila." paalala ko sa kanya. "Which is weird, isn't it? They're the first to disappear due to the consequences of the rebellion, when it should've been us."

"Because Destiny is protecting you, Ria."

"Then tell me..." Nilingon ko siya. "Bakit hindi kasali ang deities sa pinoprotektahan niya?"

"Ria-"

"I've spent the majority of my life hating the deities, Matilda." Nginitian ko siya. "It won't take me long to know that the consequences were not meant for us, but for the gods."

Napabuntong-hininga ako, at muling humarap sa ala-ala. "You know what I think?"

I crossed my arms on my chest. 

"I think Destiny hated them..." saad ko. "As much as I did."

Marahan naman siyang natawa. "Why would Destiny hate the gods?"

"You wouldn't know, because you have always looked up to them." sagot ko. "But you have never tried looking down on them, have you?"