Haunted

Seht's POV

I entered the cubicle and found Trev seated beside the patient who was still unconscious.

He was asleep, his head on top of his arm that was on the bed.

I looked at his hand holding Cesia's hand and I couldn't help but crack a gentle smile.

The way he holds her, parang wala siyang balak bitawan ang kamay niya, kahit anong mangyari. And I have a feeling he's still not letting go of that hand even after the owner wakes up.

I cleared my throat to wake him up. "Good morning."

Trev lifted his head and with one eye open, he glanced at me before going back to sleep. "Tsk."

Napangiti nalang ako at dumako sa kabilang gilid ng higaan. "You could have asked for an extra bed, you know."

Nagsimula na akong kunin ang vitals ni Cesia. Her wounds have healed, and there's no bleeding from any part of her skin so far.

Although...

Binunot ko ang panyo mula sa bulsa ng coat ko at ginamit ito para punasan ang isang luha na tumakbo sa pisngi ni Cesia.

"Trev." I called his attention.

Trev stood up, still not letting go of Cesia's hand.

"She's crying." I watched as her tears continue to fall.

"Is she in pain?" tanong ni Trev.

I felt my eyes change its color upon examining her body. "Physically, she's not, but emotionally-"

Napatigil ako dahil sa uri ng tingin na binabato niya sa'kin.

"What?" I asked, confused. "I only looked at her that way to check if she's in pain, okay?"

This demigod needs to chill.

Which gives me an idea.

"Trev-"

"No. I don't want to eat ice cream." Nakasimangot niyang tugon.

Ngumuso naman ako.

The hell is wrong with him? Gusto ko lang naman kumain kami ng ice cream. Not just because he needs to chill, but because we need to prepare ourselves tomorrow.

"How about waffles with matcha filling?" I suggested. "In the shape of ninja turtles?"

He gave me a death glare as an answer.

"Damn." I mumbled under my breath. "Ayoko lang maabutan ka ni Zeus nang ganyan."

"By the way, I'm not worried for you." pagbibigay-alam ko sa kanya. "I'm worried for the entire school."

"Thea worked hard to keep this school standing and if a fight breaks between you and Zeus because of... I don't know, family issues, maybe?" I tilted my head and gave him a threatening smile. "I will gladly kick the both of you out before you can do any further damage."

I heard him sigh. "Did Chase teach you that?"

"What? You think I'm not capable of threatening someone like you?" Natawa ako nang marahan. "Pareho lang naman tayong gagawin ang lahat para sa mga pinoprotektahan natin, Trev."

"Even if it means going against you and your father." My smile softened. "As long as it's for my girl, I'm willing to do anything."

My eyes drifted to their intertwined fingers. "And I know you are, too."