Oculus of Time

Kara's POV

"Destiny, huh?" Walang ipinagbago ang ekspresyon ko habang kausap si Trev sa nursing station ng ospital.

Destiny, one of the most powerful beings im the universe... has turned himself into a mortal.

"Did he tell you why he's here? Why he's doing all of this?" Ibinaba ko ang tasa ng kape sa counter.

"A promise." sagot naman ni Trev. "He swore to protect us."

Kumunot ang aking noo. "He made that promise to who?"

"That, he wouldn't tell." aniya.

"Someone who sees everything, isn't telling us everything." I snickered. "That's Destiny for you."

"The past, Kara, our past, is being controlled by Chaos." dagdag niya. "He is causing chaos within us."

"I already figured that out." Napatitig ako sa kape na nanlalamig na sa harap ko.

We suffer because of chaos brought by Chaos himself.

How do we stop him?

Can we even stop him?

Saka ko ibinalik ang aking atensyon sa kanya. "Did he say anything about what we should do? Even just the slightest hint?"

"He only gave us a name."

"Who?"

"Cesia."

Kinagat ko ang pang-ibabang labi ko. "Of course."

Cesia... someone who sees everything and will actually tell us everything.

"Trev..." sambit ko. "You told me about Spectra."

Powers and abilities are made out of energy we harness from ourselves.

Isa akong demigod, I harness my power from the golden blood in my veins. For my mother, Athena, she harnesses power from herself, from her domain, from her own wisdom and intelligence because she is wisdom and intelligence.

Usually, deities harness their powers from themselves, or from their domains... kaya ngayong nagkasira-sira ang realms, naaapektuhan nito ang domains ng lahat ng deities.

Like Mnemosyne... she's gone because the realms of time is in a wreck.

The gods and goddesses are nothing without their powers because that is who they are. Without their domain, without their unique identities and abilities.... they cease to exist.

The sources of their energy, it's all gone so they simply don't have the energy to exist anymore.

But them...

Tinignan ko si Trev. "You're capable of harnessing energy out of nothing and use it as your own."

And unlike Zeus and Hera who have gone because a hundred percent of their domains are weakened, Trev and Cesia...

Their domain, their true domain...

Are the mortal realms, which is the last to disappear.

They may be powerful, but they are still mortals, which explains why they're still here.

They were built to last until the very end of the world.

Because they were destined to save it.

"The power to harness energy from nothing..." I chuckled lightly. "Trev, you do realize-"

"I do, Kara." sagot niya, looking amused. "Chaos..."