Trial I

Dio's POV

At first we heard the sound of thunder, and for a moment, everything went to darkness.

And now...

I looked at the others who were just as confused as me. Each one of us stood on circular platforms, forming half a circle in the middle of what looks like...

"A courtroom." I heard Kara sigh.

A very huge and grand courtroom, that is, with the gold and marble furnitures around us.

Tumingala ako.

The ceiling is as tall as a top of a mountain. Heck, there's even clouds and mist floating above us.

Seated on the tall golden throne across from us was a man dressed in white chiton. His hands gently rested on either side of the armrests and on top of his left wrist, stood an eagle with shining feathers.

Cesia was right.

Zeus blames us for everything that's happened. Of course he'd put us under trial.

He's the God of Justice, afterall.

Napakibit-balikat ako.

Mabuti nalang talaga at napagsabihan na kami ni Cesia tungkol sa mangyayari. Aphrodite basically told her that Zeus is coming for us, and he's either gonna kill us the moment he lands on the school grounds... or put us under trial with him as the judge.

"Anong nangyayari?" tanong ni Art. "Akala ko mag-iinterview lang tayo kasama si Zeus?"

"Silence." A voice of a woman echoed around the room.

Hera appeared behind Zeus. As usual, she looked as powerful as ever and stood carrying the weight of the catastrophe that's being brought upon us.

Nakatayo lang siya sa tabi ni Zeus at magaang nakapatong ang kanyang palad sa sandalan ng trono.

Itinaas ni Thea ang kamay niya. "Gusto ko pong bigyan ng two points each sina Cal at yung kapatid niya."

Kumunot ang aking noo.

Anong pinagsasabi niya?

Sinamaan niya ng tingin si Seht. "Tapos twenty points po kay Seht. Ibubuhos ko na po lahat ng points ko sa buong season kay Seht."

"What are you talking about?" ani Seht.

"Gago." Umangat ang kilay ni Thea. "Hindi mo na ako pwedeng kausapin. Evicted ka na."

Napansin ko si Kara na napapikit sa sinabi ni Thea, saka siya huminga nang malalim.

"Thea... that's... that's not how this works." pagbibigay-alam ko sa kanya.

"Pasensya ka na, first time ko kasing maging kriminal eh. Di katulad ng iba dyan-" Luminga-linga siya. "Nga pala, bakit hindi kasali si Hector? Mas malala kaya yung ginawa niya. Mangidnap pa naman ng bata habang bata pa?"

Inikot ko ang aking paningin.

Thea's right.

There were only eight of us.

Trev and Cesia were situated on both edges of the semi-circle, with Trev on the left, and Cesia on the right. They're the closest to Zeus, but the farthest from each other.

Next to Trev was Thea, followed by Cal and Kara... and then me, and Art and Seht... and Cesia.

Kara and I were in the middle. We're the closest to each other and yet, my arm wasn't long enough to reach her.