Keeping Safe

Requested by mmcwhorter

Peter is a S.H.I.E.L.D agent.

When Peter turned 17 he bagan interning for Shield, Natasha took him on as her protoge and began teaching him all the tricks he'd need for life, aswell as work. He then became an official agent at age 19, the youngest agent they'd seen since 1972. Now, he'd just turned 27 and was happy.

He was their best agent they'd seen since both Romanoff and Barton and they couldn't ask for anything better.

But, since he'd been hanging out with the Avengers most of his life, he'd also picked up a few habits. They only came out every now and then, but when they did, they didn't know whether to be terrified, shocked or worried.

Currently, Peter was in the S.H.I.E.L.D training room, flipping and jumping from rope to rope whilst using an unloaded gun which contained a sensor, so everytime he shot down a cardboard 'bad guy' it would count it.

That was when the doors swung open and Fury marched in. "Parker!" He shouted. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Peter looked down and gave a small eyeroll before flipping and landing down infront of Fury. "Training, Sir."

"You are meant to be in a meeting and should have been there for 15 minutes by now! And don't think I didn't see that eyeroll, you're becoming more and more like Romanoff each day."

Peter smirked. "Sorry, Sir. Can't help it."

"Just get your ass into that meeting before I send it to next week."

Peter smiled, picking up a towel and wiping his face and hands. "Yes, Sir."

By the time Peter reached the meeting room, Hill looked up to him since she was half way through her sentence. "Glad to know you can join us, Parker."

Peter smiled. "Me too."

"I'm sorry, but I don't want an agent who is going to be a flake, okay. My life is in serious danger." Peter heard a man say as he sat across from him.

"Agent Parker is our best agent in the field, you'll be in safe hands."

Peter was clueless. "What's happening right now?"

"If you was here 20 minutes ago, you'd know." Hill told him to which he responded with a face that said, "Funny."

"One of my employees have been given death threat with the symbol of HYDRA! I want protection and I do not want a flake for a protector."

Peter gave a small laugh. "And I don't want to be a body guard, so it seems we're in agreement."

Hill pulled out a file before sliding it across the desk to Peter. "Read it."

Peter looked towards Hill before looking and opening up the file. He read some of the letters that had been sent to whoever the man was, who all in all, Peter hadn't looked at once since he got in. "It's a fake."

"We don't know that." Hill said calmly.

Peter scoffed. "Oh, come on. I get Hydra resurfaced all those years ago, but this is a fake. It's someone who wants to be HYDRA but isn't."

"But we still don't know and we can't guess, for all we know, someone could be building them back up again and we can't afford to put people's lives in danger. You saw what it did to the Avengers. We can't have anything of the sort happening again."

Peter sighed, his eyes staying put on the pages infront of him. "How long?"

"I'm sorry?" Asked the man.