Final Truth and Forgivness

Pt. 4

Wanda had walked around parts of New York for the last half hour or more before heading towards Shield. However, when she walked inside, some people were bustling about before turing their corners towards offices.

"What are you doing here? I thought you was with your lover boy." Clint teased as he spotted Wanda. Wanda gave a small blush, but managed to hide her cheeks.

"Where's mom and dad?" Wanda asked.

"With Bruce and his new intern/assistant." Clint answered.

"Slash, assistant?"

Clint nodded. "Might as well be. Nat and I have a bet running about his IQ being higher than Tony's."

"And is it?"

"He won't let us know." Clint answered. "You'd like him. If you wasn't already dating someone, I'd already be trying to set you two up."

"Oh, really?" Wanda questioned with a smile.

"Come on, lets go and see what they're up to." Clint said, dragging both himself and Wanda towards Bruce's lab.

As they did so, they walked in to find Natasha sat in Steve's lap whilst Bruce explained something very complicated in a way that they might as well have been speaking a made up lanuage. Which he practically was...

"Hey, where's the kid?" Clint asked, looking round.

"Gone getting...papers?" Steve said, questioning his own thought process.

"Files." Bruce corrected, "And coffee."

Seconds later, Clint looked down the hall before announcing the kid's arrival before he reached the door. However, he was walking backwards, so they only saw the back of his head.

The kid, pushed the door open up this back before speaking, not noticing the fact that 4 more people had joined the room since he'd left.

It was at this point, both Peter and Wanda looked one another in the eye. "Peter?"

"Wanda?" Peter tone was much more...shocked and surprised, than questioning.

"You two...know each other?" Clint asked.

"You could say that, yeah." Wanda said. Hurt was in her eyes, how could Peter not tell her this. The fact that he was working with Dr Bruce Banner. That the place he'd had to run off to was here, and that the text was, "no one."

"Wanda, wait-" Peter said, as she made her way for the door.

Wanda just ignored him and meade for the door. "Wanda, honey?" Steve asked, both Natasha and Steve standing up.

Peter quickly rushed over to the table, placing the coffee's and files down that had been loaded in his arms before rushing back towards the door which Wanda had now walked fully away from.

"Wait! How do you know one another?" Clint asked.

"It's a...long story."

That was all Peter told him before he left, running through the door and down the hall where Wanda had gone. "Wanda! Please, just, let me explain!" Peter shouted, running after her.

She was already at the other end of the hall by the time Peter had gotten out of the door. How she moved so quick, he'd never know.

"Explain what, Peter!? You lied to me. You said it was no one and then I find you! Here, of all places."

"I know, I know I should have told you, and I was going to. Wanda, please just. Look, I didn't know how you'd take it. I didn't even know if I could tell anyone." Peter said, finally catching up to her, however, her running in opposite directions, him following.