Returned

Lila and Kate stood in shock, Lila more so than Kate.

"Hey, Lila." Peter smiled with a soft expression.

Tears welled in her eyes for a few moments before she finally realised he was talking.

"You...Are you real?"

"Wait. You know him? Oh! Is this...Is that-"

Before Peter could answer, Lila rushed forward and hugged him tightly causing him to give a little laugh.

"I've missed you." Lila told him through tears.

"I've missed you, too."

Pulling back for a moment, however still holding onto his arms fearful that if she let him go she might never see him again, Lila spoke.

"We - We all thought you were dead. Morgan - she - Nat, the team - they all - How are you -"

"Alive?" Peter asked.

Kate raised her hand a little. "I'd like to know that, too."

Wiping her eyes, Lila moved away from Peter for a moment, letting him see Kate visiably.

"Peter, this is Kate Bishop. She's-"

"World's Greatest Archer. I know." Peter nodded.

"Where the hell have you been? The day comms went down, we kept looking but we couldn't-"

Peter nodded. "I know. But, I can't explain that here."

Lila watched Peter for a few moments, trying to find out what he meant but once she figured it out, Kate beat her to it.

"You're trying to take them down, aren't you?" Kate asked. "I've read your files and the mission files, Fury sent you for an extract mission but you got ambushed."

Peter nodded. "I promise, I can explain everything to you, but not here."

"So why are you here?" Lila asked.

"I need your help."

Lila looked back to Kate who simply gave a shrug. "Okay."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

40 minutes into the car ride, Kate leaned forward from the middle back-seat.

"Wait. What about your girlfriend? MJ?"

Lila turned to Peter from the passenger seat. "I'd like to know that, too. She was silent when you went missing. Tried to hide her emotions for a while."

Peter gave a small chuckle at their faces. The pair were best-friends, Kate and Lila, but sometimes you'd think they were twins or at least the same person when they looked at you in a certain way.

"About that."

Moving his hand from the gear stick, Peter placed two hands on the steering wheel, and then they both spotted.

"Wha- How?!"

Peter smiled and changed gear again. "Technically, we were engaged before Fury sent me on the mission, but once I got out of the clearing, I called her. She couldn't tell anyone but not long after, Fury brought her to HQ."

"You mean to tell me, you and MJ have been working undercover, under Fury's orders? And MJ has known you've been alive this entire time? That minx!"

Peter chuckled a little and shook his head. "Don't blame MJ. Fury and I agreed on it. The less people that knew, the more we would be able to do. But Fury knew MJ would have his head, and mine, if we didn't tell her. Not long after, we got married."

"Where? How?"

Peter turned and looked at Lila. "Fury's officiated."

Both women's jaws dropped.

"Yeah, he got a license once he saw MJ's engagment ring." Peter explained. "He didn't tell anyone, but when me and MJ were talking about getting married once we could tell people I was still alive...he said he'd marry us. And so he did."

"Holy shit." Kate said.

"I know." Lila replied.

"No, not that." Kate said quickly. "Well, yes that, but look."

Outside, Peter was about to pull up outside...nothing. Until they entered a dome and revealed an entire HeadQuarters, bigger than that of Shield and the Compound put together.

"Holy shit."

By the time they made there way inside, the doors slid closed behind them and Peter handed the pair a lanyard and a badge which he put over both of their heads.

"Allows you access about the place."

"Thanks."

By the time they made their way to the main section of the building, MJ greeted Peter with a tight hug.

"You okay?" MJ asked him quietly.

Peter nodded with a smile. "I'm okay. You okay?"

"Yeah." MJ nodded.

The pair shared a short but sweet kiss before Lila gave a forced cough.

"Oh, yeah. We might have some explaining to do." Peter told MJ.

"You'll have to do it later. We've got work to do." Hill instructed before she pulled up the screen.

Hours after the brief, MJ, Lila and Kate were all sat down inside the coffee room, the two women firing questions and worries towards MJ.

"You know, you'd be a great actress." Kate told her, taking a sip of her soda. "Fooled all of us."

MJ nodded. "Sorry about that."

Lila shook her head. "No, it's okay. I would have done the same in your spot."

"So no-one else knows?" Lila asked, truthfully, still trying to take in the fact that Peter was still alive. "Not Nat or Tony? May?"

"No. No-one."

"Ned?" Lila asked.

MJ shook her head. "May?"

MJ shook her head again. "Although, her mother intuition is strong so I think she knows he's still alive and has been this entire time."

Lila nodded. This was true of May. Somehow, May had the ability to know of many things before anyone would even have the chance to tell her. Something that could be considered a blessing or a curse, depending on who's side you were on.