The Movies

It wasn't really an unknown fact that Wanda had never really seen any big and popular movies. Well, to the team excluding Peter it wasn't.

The other's had an idea that maybe she had seen a few but never the major ones.

They'd watched Star Wars and other franchises mainly throughout weekends when Natasha forced both Steve and the entire team to watch them since Steve hadn't seen many...new movies.

But when Peter found out Wanda hadn't watched any movies, well, the classics anyway, he made it his mission to make sure she was all caught up, and she accepted him challenge.

They had started off with Casablanca, of course, then moved onto It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas and they slowly made their way through the years.

Once they finally hit the early 2000's after going through the 70's, 80's and 90's, both Wanda and Peter seemed to realise something. It was something they never would tell one another, but it was there.

Thankfully, no-one on the team caught on since they had been bestfriends since the whole Halloween incident when Peter had first joined the team and they got paired together. They made a pretty good team and they even won. They managed to prank the entire team without being detected.

But they couldn't shake the feeling.

Anytime they wasn't around each other, they wanted to be. They both couldn't wait for the evening to roll around because it meant that they could watch another movie and just enjoy eachothers company.

It was Saturday, so that meant the compound was mostly empty.

Tony was back at the lodge with Pepper and Morgan since they spent most weekends down there by the lake, especially in the later months. The senery looked as if it wasn't real. It was just beautiful.

Steve and Natasha were both either on a small mission, or were exploring the country since Steve also hadn't really left New York in a long, long time.

Sam and Bucky spent most of their time down by Clint's farm house playing with the kids. It also gave Laura a break from both her kids and her husband. She loved them for it though.

If they weren't there, they was admiring what was being made in Wakanda. Bucky loved seeing the new technology being created by Shuri. It also helped him understand what the hell Peter and Tony were going on about when they were talking to one another.

Bruce was usually down in the Shield Labratories along side FitzSimmons, seeing what they were up to again.

Thor was on Asguard, making sure everyone was safe and he kept in close contact just incase. He even came to visit once a month to catch-up with Coulson and the rest of the team.

This meant that, other than Happy and some of the SI workers, no-one was really in the building past the fourth floor.

Currently, the pair were out on the streets of New York, walking back from the small Cafe they had found on a quiet backstreet one day.

"So, what movie are we watching this time?" Wanda asked, taking a sip of her coffee, the coldness of the autumnal wind hitting her.

"We are watching...The Holiday."

Wanda smiled, "Christmas. I like it."

20 minutes later, the pair finally got back to the compound and got everything set up. Since it was cold they grabbed a few extra blankets and another cup of coffee.

"Ready?"

"Yep."

Peter pressed play and the pair sat and watched the movie from start to finish.