Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

There are some spoilers to Spider-Man No Way Home so please be warned!

Enjoy xx

Ever since Peter had gotten back from MIT - and had his identity found out by Clint Barton, Shield's Best Agent...again - a lot had been on his mind.

He'd lost May a few years ago now and returning back to his normal timeline whilst everyone forgot about him had been tough, but he was glad Clint at least knew who he was and who he use to be. But, what had been the toughest was MJ still not knowing who he was.

They were friends at least, and sometimes she'd get a look in her eyes that made her feel as though she knew Peter. That their connection ran deeper than meeting when he joined MIT a year later but had EXTENSIVE knowledge about a lot more than anyone else. Like he was Tony Stark or something.

Meanwhile, Kate (And Clint) had to watch as Peter pined for MJ but had the fear of her getting hurt again.

"Hey!" Kate said, hopping beside Peter as he was sat at the counter with his coffee and notebook and pen. "What you working on?"

"Something."

Looking, and picking, at a piece of paper, Kate could see it more clearly now. "New webshooters? You know, I have some pull at Shield, maybe I could get you a lab. You could work beside Fitz. Alya is so cute."

Peter smiled. "Thanks, but, no. I don't need people knowing who I am again."

Looking around, Kate finally realised where Peter was sat. "She doesn't work here anymore."

Peter looked around, a little confused at first. "Oh. Yeah. I know..."

"But it still makes you feel safe." Kate finished and Peter only nodded.

"Well, it's Christmas Eve in a few days and Laura's coming up with the kids. They all know by the way."

Peter nodded. "I know."

"Anyway, Clint's asked me to invite you. He was going to invite you himself but then Hill pulled him into some brief with trainee agents." Peter listened to Kate ramble on more about the brief and some 'cute but not cute' trainee agent who Peter knew about all-too-well. Kate had had a crush on him since the first time she had met him. And then he spoke to her. And they went out for coffee. And then neither of them would ask the other out so now they were stuck in the mayor-of-the-friendzone position.

"Anyway, it's Christmas Eve so," Kate slammed her hand on the table before pointing at Peter, "You. Me. Christmas Markets."

Peter coppied her actions and slammed his hand on the counter before pointing at her. "No."

"Oh! Come on! It's Christmas Eve!"

"Exactly." Peter replied. "It's going to be packed."

"What's more New York than that?! Come on, please?" Kate made puppy eyes.

Peter hated to admit it, but they broke him. "Okay. Fine. But I'm not drinking mulled wine."

Kate shook her head. "Of course not." She'd still make him buy and drink a cup whether he liked it or not.

"Look on the bright side, you don't have to sit in your pjs listening to sad christmas music, marking papers and pinning for a certain Ms Jones. Who knows, we might see her there?" Kate took to her feet but not before turning back around. "7 O'clock. Ice skating rink. Don't be late."

"When am I ever?"

Kate just nodded. Even with his power of being able to swing across the city, he was always late.