The Newbie

Peter is new to the team. CW never happened, nor did IW or Endgame.

It had been nearly 6 months now since Spider-Man had been introduced into the team. It took a while for Shield to get him to join since they didn't actually know who he was until he turned up at Shield HQ and no-one knew how a teen had found their location and got into the building without some kind of clearance.

But that was 6 months ago now, and Peter had...talked to the team in some kind of aspect.

No-one on the team really knew anything about him, his family, how he got his powers, nothing. They'd tried, but none of them knew how to exactly talked to a teenager with spiderpowers, or even just a teenager if they was being completly honest.

Peter was polite with them and never really made any fuss. He had scared them a few times since they never actually heard him coming since his footsteps were as light as a feather.

They noticed a few odd things about his powers since they didn't really know how they worked in the first place. Steve was the first to spot something. He'd gone towards Peter's room, taking forever to knock since he didn't know what to say. He opened the door when he heard Peter shout, "It's open!"

He opened it and saw Peter stood on the ceiling which wasn't always an everyday sight.

Natasha spotted the second when she'd been training and before she threw her knife forward, it slipped out of her hand and flew backwards, heading straight for Peter. But before it hit him, he caught it.

It was a random Friday afternoon when Peter turned to Tony and asked him if he could work in one of the spare labs for a couple of hours. Tony never asked what it was for and just told him where to go. Peter walked away slightly confused, but still thanked him.

He was mainly confused on how Tony reacted. He seemed to abruptly shout, "Yes!" But his voice was happy, as if he'd had a break through. Mainly, it was because he'd had a break through in talking more than 2 words to the kid in the space of a minute. "Yes." Tony said calming down. "It's just down the hall and the third from the left."

When Peter was in the lab, working on mixing multiple chemicals, no-one on the team having any idea on what he was working on, for all they knew, he could be building a bomb to kill them all.

"It's not that Clint." Steve told him.

"It could be!"

Natasha was stood in the corner with her arms folded. "Maybe he's making webbing? I mean, look at the jars."

After watching Peter work on something through the CCTV, they slowly all disspersed into the hall and seemed to watch him for afar.

Natasha gave a small chuckle. Clint turning round. "What are you laughing at?"

"He looks like Tony."

Tony looked towards Peter and back at Romanoff. "No, he doesn't."

"Actually, I - I'm gonna have to agree with Nat on this one Tony." Steve said. "I mean. I don't think any other teen than you knew how to make something like that."

Suddenly, they all jumped as they saw Peter quickly back away before ducking down, one of the old beakers breaking. Natasha chuckled to herself again. "Or maybe he's you."

Clint looked towards Nat, his forehead crinkling. But deep down, he knew part of it was true since the last time Clint was in Tony's lab, he did the same thing when one of the beakers exploded.

They watched as Peter quickly cleaned up the broken glass and the fluid before wiping down the table. They watched on for a few minutes more until they saw Peter pick up his phone.