Late Night

Finally, it was Friday, the day both Peter and MJ had been waiting months for.

Around a year or so ago, Peter had joined Shield and with finals added on top of that - let's just say it's been a stressful time.

Peter had left May's around 20 minutes ago to go and pick MJ up. They hadn't been on a date in a while, but they didn't want to do anything fancy. Just something simple, so whilst out on patrol, Peter had found the perfect spot. It was secluded and barely anyone knew of it. It also had the perfect view of the city, something MJ had been longing to sketch.

However, as Peter pulled up and knocked on the door, a bunch of dahlia's in his hand, MJ swung open the door but in a way that was more in haste than anything else.

"Hey? What are you doing here?"

Peter was confused. They'd been planning this for a while, when they had time. "It's - Tonight, it's our date, isn't it?" Peter asked, questioning himself. But then, MJ went wide-eyed.

"Peter, I'm so sorry I -" But, before MJ could finish, they both heard someone shout her name and she was up the stairs like a shot.

Seconds later, Peter heard footsteps, those of both MJ's and her younger brother's, Jake. Not long after, Jake began throwing up.

Closing the door behind him, Peter placed the flowers on the side before taking off his jacket and tie. Within moments, he was up the stairs and by MJ's side.

As Jake stopped throwing up, MJ rang out the cloth and handed it to her younger brother as he wiped his mouth. The next few moments were filled with a short explanation and stripping of Jake's pajamas into a fresh pair.

"He's burning up." MJ said as Peter lay Jake down in his bed.

"Do you have a-" MJ brought the thermometer to his side before he even finished his sentence. Peter checked Jake's temperature before reading it out.

"102."

Minutes later, MJ placed a damp, cold cloth to both Jake's forehead and the back of his neck to cool him down. Jake soon fell asleep, both Peter and MJ leaving him to it.

"How long has he been like this?" Peter asked as they walked downstairs.

"Since last night. Mom and Dad couldn't get out of here quick enough." MJ told him. "You brought flowers?"

Peter realised she'd spotted them on the side. "Oh, yeah. I know you're not a flowers girl, but-"

MJ turned around to him and gave a small smile. "Thank you."

Peter gave a small smile back to her, before she leant up and quickly kissed him before she walked back down the stairs, Peter just behind her.

"You don't have to stay." MJ told him around an hour later as they were both tidying up.

"MJ. I'm not leaving you to look after Jake on your own."

MJ just smiled a him before placing away some fresh blankets from the dryer and Peter put away the plates. He'd made an old soup recipe May had taught him. It was one she used to give to him every time he was sick with the flu or some other illness. It was the only thing he was ever able to stomach and keep down.

May knew he was staying at MJ's after what he found out with Jake. She just told him to make sure he keeps them both safe, since, knowing MJ she would worry about him until she run herself sick with the flu.

It was around 9pm when Jake made his way downstairs, his blanket wrapped around him. Both Peter and MJ were sat together on the sofa, watching a random TV show that was on. Peter was the first to hear his steps when he came down the stairs. Without a word, Jake sat across both Peter and MJ, his head on Peter's shoulder, whilst his feet lay on MJ.

"How you feeling, bud?" Peter asked him.

"A little better. Can I stay with you guys?" He asked so quietly that he seemed like a mouse. Both Peter and MJ smiled, MJ covering him with another blanket. His fever had gone down, but he had a shiver to him.

As the hours passed, Jake had fallen asleep and has had MJ, and Peter soon after.

It wasn't until around 9 in the morning until MJ woke up. She looked around her slowly before pulling the blanket over her a bit more and looking up towards Peter who was still asleep, as was Jake. She just lay there for while, keeping her eyes closed before hearing Peter stir awake.

"Morning."

"Morning." He smiled back.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Better than I have done in a while." He answered truthfully, "What about you?"

She let out a small laugh under her breath before answering, "Good."

However, as the pair stayed there until Jake woke up, neither of them heard Peter's phone ringing from his jacket pocket in the closet with the caller ID of Tony Stark appearing on the screen...