Chicago

Finally, it had reached the last day of highschool! Well, for the last years that was, anyway.

They had all put up with assignments, exams, pop quizzes and drama for way too long. And now, finally, they was able to leave and wouldn't ever have to come back ever again.

They had all just graduated an hour ago, and were currently saying their goodbyes to highschool, and hello to a world in which, even though 5 years in they might be wishing they were 17 again, would always be better than what life they lived in highschool.

However, only one person nearly didn't graduate and that was Peter.

He'd gained a call from Hill, at 2 am telling him he was needed at Shield and fast. They had a mission.

A big drug bust was being done and the NYPD didn't exactly have the upper hand since they were trying to fight off people who only the Avengers could get rid off.

"Tell me again why we're going to a gala at 2am?" Peter asked Tony, sitting down on the jet, trying his hardest not to fall asleep.

"It won't be 2am when we land, but it'll be quick, unless Romanoff doesn't attract him as well as we hope."

Peter pulled a confused face.

Natasha rolled her eyes, "What he means to say is, we're dealing with a play boy, and he doesn't exactly go with just anyone. Rich women. He'd a chovanistic pig, but it's the only way we can get up to the top deck, his penthouse, the drug dealing is going on behind a 3 metre secure wall, and the only way in is with his hand print on the third brick from the bottom."

Around 2 hours later, they was in and fighting their way through, whilst Clint and Peter had to head to the IT room to try and find out if any other dealings were about to go down.

"You're going to have to go in." Peter said, turning to Clint after the pair looked down a vent of sorts.

"Why me?" Clint asked.

"Because you're the only one who can fit. That, and I need to head to the room behind the reception desk to switch off the lazers so you don't end up scrambled."

Clint gave a nervous laugh, "How about, you do that, and I go and turn the lazers off."

"I'm not the one who the woman at the desk recognised."

Peter gave a smile and stepped out of the way, "In you go."

Clint grumbled, however climbed inside. Quickly talking through comms, aswell as to Peter, he spoke.

"You know, next time, I seduce the rich guy."

Peter chuckled and ran out of the room, taking the grand case of stairs, since it was the only way. He looked around, luckily no-one was.

Quickly rushing into the back of the reception desk, he tried to open the door but it wouldn't.

"What?" Peter asked.

"What? What do you mean what? Peter you better be in the room, it's getting hot in here." Clint panicked.

"Alright, don't panic, hold on."

Looking round, Peter found a red light under the desk. He pressed it and the door opened.

Wihin 5 minutes, Peter hacked in and disabled the lazers allowing Clint to be freed from the lazers and the overly annoying and angering heat.

By 4am their time, they were done and were flying back home.

Peter made it within the first 10 minutes of his graduation starting, thankfully.

It was around 5pm, and the sun was just starting to set in.

"Sup loser." Mj said, coming behind him along with Ned.

"Hey."

The three talked for a few moments, before Peter asked Ned a question.

"Okay, you've been smiling like god knows what, what's he smiling about?"

Before MJ could answer, Ned spoke up.

"You're going to Chicago." He said, excitedly.

Peter's face dropped, "What?"

That was when Betty came behind Peter, as his back was turned.

"What he means to say is, we found the letters."

"Letters? What letters?" Peter asked.

"Your letters, Loser. This morning, May was leaving for work and we didn't want you being late to graduation but rather than you in bed, we found these letters on your desk, open."

That was when the rest of the team walked over, "What's going on?"

Peter looked around, not knowing what to say.

"Peter's going to Chicago." Ned said, once more.

"You are?" Tony asked, none of the team having any clue why Peter was going to Chicago.

Finally, Peter's head snapped back into place. "No, no I'm not. I turned them down."

Bucky stuck his hand up, "Hold on. I'm confused, are you going to Chicago or not?"

"No, No, I'm not." Peter answered.

"Yes, you are." Betty corrected.

"Hold on, why is he going to Chicago?" Tony asked.

"I- I got accepted into the Univeristy of Chicago, or rather, they offered me a scholarship to learn Math and Science."

Betty rolled her eyes, "You make it sound like nothing."

"It is nothing."

"No it's not. Peter, they offered you a position to become one of the worlds best fighter pilots."

The team beamed with joy.

"Yes, which I turned down." Peter nodded.

"Why? Pete, this is a once in a life time opportunity." Tony explained.

"Or better yet, why did you turn it down?" Natasha added.

"Because. I have you lot and Shield to worry about. If I'm in Chicago, what happens then?"

"Then, we look after ourselves. Peter you don't really need to worry about us. You should take the Scholarship. If we need you, then we will call you, or Hill would reach out. Peter, you should take it."

"But I've already turned it down."

Betty smiled, "You had, until..."

Peter looked round, his head connecting the dots. "Oh no, no, no no, not again. Betty, you promised me you wouldn't."

"What?" She smiled innocently, "They don't have to know."

Betty pulled out a security file and handed it to Peter, a plane ticket, paperwork and an adress inside.

"Turns out, I have an aunt who works within the Univeristy so when she found out you had turned down the position, but we was trying to get you to go, she was more than happy to send everything over."

"Betty..."

"No, you're going. Peter, the world had been punishing you for nothing since you was 6, this is finally your escape. Take it."

Tony smiled, placing a hand on Peter's shoulder, "She's right Underroose, you need to take it."

"But what if-"

Natasha smiled, "If anything goes down, you'll be the first person we'll contact if we can't get hold of Shield. And May will be safe, she's got Happy to keep her comapany."

Peter smiled, "Thankyou."

Over the next few years, Peter learnt from the best and quickly made his way up the ladder, finding himself in a job which he never thought he'd take on, but he would always be grateful for what his friends did for him that day, how if they didn't contact the Univeristy, then maybe, maybe he'd be fighting for his life whilst trying to defeat another Thanos.