Emma.

The last thing on a Friday evening that the Avengers expected was for Peter to walk in with a child in his arms. 

"Peter, what is that...thing in your arms?" Bucky asked, walking forward slightly, but with weariness in his voice. 

Peter just chuckled. "This is Emma. I'm minding her for the weekend whilst Ned and Betty go away for a few days."

The one year old looked towards Bucky and gave a small giggle. The only people to have met Emma had been Wanda, Natasha, Steve and Bruce. That was mainly because they'd ran into the pair when running throughout New York trying to find Clint. 

Wanda walked in and her eyes lit up, placing down the clipboard she walked over. "Hello, Emma.". Peter handed her over so he was able to place her bags down in the corner, still explaining why he was looking after the child. 

"Don't worry, she's harmless." Peter said with a smile. 

"Are - Are you sure? I mean, look at her." Wanda and Emma seemed to look at one another, Wanda then looking towards Peter who then, all three looked back towards Bucky. 

"Don't tell me you're afraid of children?" Wanda asked. 

Bucky slowly shook his head, "...No."

Wanda just gave a laugh, Peter walked back over and Emma was lifted back into her uncle's arms. "I'm just going to get her changed."

As Peter left the room with Emma, picking up her clothes from her bag, he walked them both down towards the small nursery which had been built for the Scientists who worked for Tony, kid's. But then, they built a new one which was slightly larger. 

Meanwhile, Wanda stood confused, looking towards Bucky. "You do realise you were a child once, right?"

Bucky slowly nodded. "I - I know."

"So, why are you terrified of a one year old?" Wanda asked.

"I'm not terrified." Bucky said. 

Wanda raised an eyebrow. "Buck, you might as well have been a cat with water. Why are you scared of a one year old?"

"Because he's terrified of breaking them." Steve said as he walked inside. "Even when we were younger, when we had to babysit our neighbour's daughter for the day, Buck wouldn't go within 3ft of her because he was scared of dropping her and having her smash to a thousand pieces on the ground."

Wanda looked towards Bucky who finally cracked. "Okay, fine. Yes. But, they're so small. And, on top of that, they can be devils."

Wanda looked towards Steve who was filling the kettle. Steve simply gave a shrug towards her as if to say, "What can I say."

"What?" Wanda asked.

"What?! They can be. They look so innocent and yet, within seconds they could kill you if they wanted."

Wanda rolled her eyes. "You've got trust issues with a baby."

"Can you blame me? Wanda. Wanda!" Bucky just rolled his eyes, knowing that Wanda wasn't going to turn back at any point. 

"She's right Buck." Steve said, placing the kettle on the hob. "You've got trust issues with a one year old."

"Can you blame me?"

"Not for a one year old, I can't." Steve said with a smile, leaving to grab some food from the pantry. Bucky looked back to the middle of the room, he was right for having certain trust issues, but then again, she is just a one year old.

Later that day, when they were all sat round at the table, Emma was now sat on Steve's lap whilst he was feeding her some of her food that Peter had placed in her bowl.