Parents

Blasts rang in Peter's ears as he made his way through yet another HYDRA base.

He had just come from a mission helping Clint deal with the Tracksuit Mafia - apparently they were a lot bigger than they had first thought, and now he was dealing with Hydra. Again.

"Pete, you've got a tail on your six."

Quickly turning around, Peter hid around the corner waiting for them to pass before coming behind them and holding them steady until they passed out.

"Okay, I've got heat signatures coming from a room just down the corridor."

Peter looked around and made sure no-one else was trailing him. "More hostages?"

"Could be." Hill replied. "But, Parker? I don't want you going in alone. You know what happened last time. Wait for Romanoff."

"And that's an order." Hill quickly added.

"Yes, ma'am."

Peter didn't have to wait long until finally Romanoff arrived. The last time Peter had done this alone, he'd been ambushed.

"3!"

Blowing the door off its hinges, Romanoff and Parker made their way inside only to find two people strapped into chairs. Clearly, these were the experiements they were trying to run before Shield had stormed the building.

Holding her hand over the generator, Natasha looked back to Peter. "It's cold. They're still them."

Peter nodded and made his way over to the fainting bodies. But, the moment he finally saw their faces, something in him made him paralyzed.

"Peter? Peter, come on! We have to go."

But Peter didn't answer. He didn't even move. He just watched the two people in front of him slip in and out of conciousness.

"Mom? Dad?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Currently, Peter stood pacing back and forth, nibbling on his nails as he did so.

"How is he?" Romanoff asked Steve as she handed him a coffee.

"Silent." Steve answered. "He's not said a word. It's kinda freaking me out."

Natasha watched him for a moment. "It's like you can hear the cogs turning in his brain."

That was when Bruce came out from the darkened hospital room inside Shield's medical bay.

"They're okay." He said first. "Just a few bumps and bruises, that's all. I've given them some medication to help their vitals but other than that...all human."

Peter let out a sigh and nodded.

Ever since he'd seen them, the same question went over and over again in his mind. How could they possibly be alive? They died on a plane crash when he was 6. That was nearly 22 years ago. Had Hydra had them all this time?

"Well..." Peter didn't know what to say. What was he meant to say? He thought they had been dead for 22 years until a couple of hours ago.

"I can have Friday alert you when they're awake. Give you some time to mull this all over?" Bruce asked but still, Peter didn't reply. So Natasha stood up.

"Maybe you should call May." Natasha offered. "Richard is her brother-in-law after all. And maybe call MJ? Ask her to come down?"