New Boss

Thud.

Thud

THUD.

With one final punch, the sandbag flew across the room and landed on the floor after sliding down the wall.

Pulling up another bag, Peter hooked it onto the bar and began punching again. And again. And again. And again.

"Whoa, who pissed you off?" Yelena asked as she entered the gym but Peter didn't answer her.

For the last three months Shield - specifically Peter's team - had been dealing with a new chief. A new chief who, in the the first week of their job, fired 30 different agents, transfered 15 others and rejected multiple cases that could have been solved and helped other people live.

"Okay, no talking. Okay, I can work with that." Yelena told him and she circled him around the bag. "Yeah, I can work with that. Ooh, did Kate text you. Apparently Pizza went out for a walk today and chased a squirrel. Nearly caught it, too. Pity really. Could do with a bit of violence. She's been watching these sappy romance movies recently. I guess that's what I get for living with a female roommate. You know, she's lucky to have me. She'd say not so much, but she is."

Peter continued to punch the bag until it burst.  "At least it didn't fly off the wall this time."

"This might be the romance movies talking but, if you want to talk to me, you can." Yelena told him. "We're not the romantic couple keep in mind, but we can be friends."

"Okay, fine. Maybe we are already friends. But don't tell Kate that. Or Morgan. Morgan still thinks she's my best-friend."

"You think your Morgan's best-friend when we both know it's Kate and MJ."

"He speaks!"

Hopping down from the boxing ring, Yelena walked over and stood in-front of Peter/behind the new bag. "So, tell me. What's got you going all Mr America on these?"

"I think you and I both know." Peter told her.

"Savoy?"

Peter nodded.

Amelia Savoy. New Chief Director above 10 Shield teams. She has been nothing but hell for everyone who came into contact with her from the moment she got the job.

Ever since, everyone had had tripple the work to do. Husbands and wives couldn't even get home to see their families at the end of the night. They were using their offices as places to eat, work and sleep. And she couldn't even give a single care in the world that they no longer had lives.

"I get it."

"People are dying, Yel. 24 people in the last two weeks. Murders, homicides, suspicious suicides. Everything. All because all she can care about is power and being at the top."

Yelena nodded. "Then maybe she has to be taken down."

"How? I've thought of ten thousand different ways and all of them end up with her somehow still on top."

"That's because you're being...what's the word?"

"Realistic."

"Agh, you americans. Pessimistic." Yelena corrected. "You need to look on the bright side! Look to the rainbow of dreams and happiness and sunshine."

Peter stood back for a moment, creeped out by her positivity. "I don't like romantic you."

"I know. It made my skin crawl to even think about it."

"Isn't there a law I can put in to make Kate stop watching romantic movies when your home?"

Yelena shrugged. "I don't know, but if there is, do it. Quickly."