Keep Holding On

Tony's death had hit Peter harder than most. 

Of course, everyone was upset and mourned him. He was and forever would be a national treasure.

But for Peter, he was more than that. 

Everyone in Peter's life seemed to find a way out, either by death or by just simply leaving. 

He'd seen so many people leave his life, he came to a brick wall and all he did was build it higher and higher. No emotions to feel, no hurt to feel, right?

Natasha and the rest of the team were there to see the tears in Peter's eyes during the funeral. Sometimes Natasha wished she could have been brought back earlier. That Tony wouldn't of had to die for her soul to be able to be traded back.

They had learnt from May that Peter school would be holding a memorial assembly for most of the day in the gym hall. 

It had been Steve who had first given the idea that they should attened. They needed to see Peter again since they hadn't spoken or talked to him since Tony's funeral which was almost a month ago. 

Any time they'd call, no-one would answer or he wouldn't be in. 

Natasha seconded Steve's idea, as did everyone else. 

They knew how close Tony was to Peter and they had an idea that if it hadn't been for Peter then no-one would be here and they would have never been able to retrieve the stones and kill away Thano's Snap.

As the day appraoched, everyone got up and dressed causal but respectfully. 

May had told them that everyone at the school would have to dress "respectfully", which meant what you'd wear at a funeral. So most of the boys were in suit and tie and the girls in either a black pant suit or black dress.

They also managed to corporate a bit of red into each of their outfits to pay respect to the fall of not only Tony Stark, but his opporation as Iron Man.

When they pulled up outside of Peter's school, they walked in. The assembly was being held in the gym hall since it was larger than everywhere else in the school, including the auditorium. 

When they walked into the reception, Natasha was the one who spoke first.

"How can I help you?" The receptionist asked as she walked into the office.

"We're here for the assembly."

When the woman got a good look at their faces, she gave a shocked expression before it turned into a sad smile.

"Oh yes, would you like me to take you down?" She asked them.

Natasha smiled sadly, "No, that's okay."

"Okay, well, it's just straight down the hall, a first left and then a right and it should be straight infront of you, there should be a door next to it which will send you to the top door so you can get in quietly."

"Okay, thankyou." Steve smiled.

The recetionist smiled before pressing the buzzer allowing them through. 

They took her directions and walked up the stairs where they entered at the top of the large bleachers, going unoticed. 

15 minutes in, Natasha was scanning the room to see if she could spot Peter, but she couldn't.

"Do you see Peter?" She whispered to Steve.

He looked around and shook his head, "Are we sure he's just not blended in?"

Sam lent down, popping a head between the two.

"Guys, he's not here."

Natasha quickly tapped one of the students on the shoulder infront of her, they turned around. Steve could see the surprise in his eyes.