Saved

Requested by matthorseman

"Please...I don't want to hurt you."

Those were the words that the shooter had said to Gwen before he shot her dead. He'd broken in, in the middle of the night, ready to shoot the baby that lay in the cot in the corner. All because it was the off-spring of his girlfriend and the man she'd had an affair with.

But, either way, after shooting Gwen, he couldn't bring himself to do it to the 5 month old baby that lay, now crying, in the cot.

He ran not too long after slowly realising what he had just done.

That was eight years ago now.

Waking up with a jolt, Peter looked around. His room was empty save for himself and the red lights in his room, already giving him a headache.

"What's going on?" Peter asked, leaving his room and running down the hallway.

It would have taken him longer, only, he'd fallen asleep in his clothes yet again. It was becoming a much more frequent thing for Peter, especially since he'd been working overtime for Shield - all just to get Gwen and her blood out of his head.

"We've had a break in."

"Again?" Peter asked.

Sam nodded. "Three more men on the edge of death."

"Anything in common?"

Sam turned around the I-Pad and handed it to Peter. As he did so, Peter slipped his glasses onto his face. He might have perfect vision now, but that didn't stop the headaches and light-headedness he got from staring at a screen and waking up to bright lights first thing in the morning.

"Take a look for yourself."

Peter scanned the document for a few minutes before finding the common link.

"And all of them? They were all at Sokovia with Hydra?"

Sam nodded.

"We know who did it?" Peter asked.

"We have one idea." Hill said before hitting the space bar allowing the footage from the CCTV play on the screen.

Wanda.

Kicking into action, Peter looked up. "You have her location?"

"We're working on it." Sam said, "But..Pete? There's a chance that-"

Peter ignored what Sam was about to say. "You find her? You tell me. Let me find her first. I can talk to her. Just...let me talk to her."

"We don't know if we can." Hill explained. "From seeing what she's done here, and if she did the last two...we don't know what else she'll do. For all we know, she could be going after Clint next."

"Is she?"

"No."

Turning around, Peter looked to Clint as he walked in, Natasha and Steve close on his heels.

"She's not going after me, but she is going after ex Hydra agents. Especially if they were invloved with Sokovia. Her brother died." Clint explained. "She's looking for revenge."

"Wanda doesn't seem like the type." Sam said.

"No-one ever does." Peter answered. "But, if you do find her, tell me first. Don't send a strike team after her. She's powerful, but I might be able to get her to talk."

"Might. Pete. We can't go on a might."

Peter turned sharply to Steve. "Well, we're going to have to. You've done more for less."