Author's Note: June 22

Hello lovely people!

It's been a long while since I posted anything at all on this story, but this story continues to gain the attention of new readers, many of who express to me how much this story has helped them or how they think the story is incredible or beautiful. Every single time someone expresses those thoughts to me, I just want to cry because I never imagined having that sort of encouragement or support when I began writing this story. So, yes, this story holds a special place in my heart, and I want to let you all know that I am working hard to rewrite this and give you all a more polished story.

With that being said, there are a few things I want to go over, so here it goes!

1) Publishing-- It has always been my dream to publish an actual book, and many of you have said that you wanted a physical copy of this story. I am working on the rewrite and editing any sort of mistakes made in the story because I want to hopefully publish this one day soon. However, if I do publish, it will probably be published with original character names and places because I don't fancy getting sued for using the boys' names for money. But I will be posting the rewritten version on Wattpad when it is done, of course leaving the original up as well. Let me know your thoughts!

2) Rewriting-- Thank you all so much for responding to that post on my profile and instagram yesterday. I have come to the decision that I will be leaving the story the way it is for the most part, but there will be slight changes, which I will now discuss with you all.

*Although Zayn will still bully Liam, it will be explained better that Zayn hasn't physically hurt Liam in years, but the guys he hangs around still do. That is why the bruises weren't 100% unusual to him when he saw them on Liam's body. Also, I won't have such severe cases of bullying as when it mentioned that Zayn dislocated Liam's shoulder once. He will still be rather harsh with his words, which will sting and are inexcusable, but the physical stuff will be lessened.

*Liam's love of books will be highlighted a little more. It shows up a few times in the original story-- the first chapter, the chapter where Zayn is left alone in Liam's room for a day, and his fascination with fairytales and storybook endings-- but I want it to be a bit more prominent because the perfect stories and romances in stories plays a big part of Liam's mind and how he thinks/wishes things would work out.

*His father's behavior will change in front of his mum. He will hold up the act of a caring and loving father better in her presence instead of being so cold and passive. It was my mistake to not take that into account before because it places so much of the blame on his mum as well for not taking that into account and really paying attention to how cold he is to their son. And while being ignorant to what is happening is understandable, I don't feel that it was to the level she was to the events in her own home. So, the abuse will still be present, but there will be a better coverup for it, making everything more delicate and hard on Liam.

*The lack of adults in the school is also something I have been considering, and I feel that I should explain it more. I have the idea to actually show how Zayn seems to charm teachers and adults instead of just mentioning it for one paragraph in a chapter. I want to actually show how far Zayn's coverup persona went and how it begins to crack more and more in front of Liam. But not much will change, just a few extra scenes added in.

*With scenes being added in, some will also be taken out. The one I am thinking of removing right off the bat is the chapter that has to do with Liam's dad's trial. Since I am not a law expert at all and not a law student, I feel that removing most of that chapter would be better and smarter for me to do rather than research and still possibly get things wrong. I will still keep the tension within the courtroom from Liam's POV and the way he feels free after hearing his dad's sentence, but some of the stuff with his mum and bringing Zayn into it may be cut for the sake of bringing authenticity into the story. If that makes sense lol