Hold

Guys, this chapter kicked my ass. I'm so sorry this took so long, but I was really in a rut. I don't feel like it's my best work, but I really don't want to keep you guys waiting. I hope you still enjoy it, though. I feel like it holds major points in it.

Oh, and I was so happy last week because freaking Gemma liked my tweet on Twitter, and I was living! Still can't believe it. Lol

Also, thanks for all the birthday wishes. And someone guessed what B-D-S meant!
Yes, it was the first three letters off the first collection of chapters, but it stood for "Boys Don't Sin" which is what Zayn's father made him believe. Now who wants to figure out what H-I-Y means? ;)

Chapter 34:

I stared into the mirror as I did my best to cover up any exposed bruises. I was so use to the way they layered my skin. They were just another layer hidden underneath. Another secret hidden behind such a thin fixture.

I covered more of the bruises on my arms, always feeling a bit ashamed for having to hide all of the marks. Why was I so afraid? Why was I always so afraid to talk about it? I've tried before, but everytime I get close, the constant reminder of the pain, of the fact that I'm worthless, fills my brain.

I set down the concealer after everything seemed covered, and I made my way out of the restroom, grabbing my backpack and slinging it onto my shoulder. I made my way out of my room and down the hall, stopping once I saw my mum already up and watching TV. I moved to walk by her without having conversation, but she called my name.

"Oh, Liam, would you like to invite Zayn over tonight? Your dad and I are going out. Figured you wouldn't want to be alone." She said, and that was a surprise to me. I don't even remember the last time my parents went out together. My mum was either working or at home, mainly working, while my dad was always out. He would work a bit, drink a lot, and then sometimes stay out all hours of the night with his asshole friends.

"What?" I asked because it was all I could get out in my confusion. They haven't been alone together unless they were sleeping at night. I felt like my dad hardly enjoyed my mum's company anymore, and I felt like that was my fault.

"It's our anniversary, Liam. Eighteen years of marriage, Liam. Twenty-two years of knowing each other. Seems like it was just yesterday, except... things have changed... in a way." She said, seeming a bit upset by whatever was going on through her mind, and eventhough the fact that they've been married so long angered me, I didn't like seeing my mum upset.

"Well, I hope you two have a good night." I said, hating the way the words tasted in my mouth, but it made my mum smile, so I was happy to have said it. The only bright side would be that my mum would get a rest from housework and overtime that she did everyday. I would also get a break from seeing my dad for a while, and Zayn coming over would be a bonus.

I said goodbye to my mum after she wished me to have a great day. As soon as I walked out of the door, the feeling of dread hit me. Dread and guilt. Because I let my mum believe that the man she married eighteen years ago was a good person. I let her continue this relationship for so long, and I never said anything. And I was so afraid that eighteen years would develop into nineteen or twenty. Even if I said anything, how hard would it be to tear yourself apart from the person you love?

I walked to school, not being able to shake the thought from my head. Their anniversary. It just seemed so wrong.

"You okay?" I heard a voice ask, and I looked up to see Louis staring at me with worried eyes. I looked behind him to see Zayn there as well, giving me a knowing look, but what he thought was wrong wasn't.