Reasons

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄

I hope you all have a great day today and get what you want. (If you celebrate of course.)

Anyway, this chapter may seem sad at times, but please try and understand the meaning of it because it's more than what it seems.

Also, any guesses for P.T.R.?

And thank you to @OopsHiYouFool and FloralxXandXxFading for participating in the character names. Hope this is enjoyed, at the very least.

Enjoy reading!

Chapter 74:

I walked into work, feeling a bit disoriented after the events of the day, but I felt relaxed. Sure, I was a little on edge knowing that Zayn would be facing his father again soon, but as of now, I felt whole and happy.

"Liam!" Harry called, and I looked over to see him talking with two co-workers at a register. They were two girls; one with blue hair that obviously stuck out in the crowd, and another with black hair and chocolate skin. They both offered a kind smile as I walked over to them.

"I want you to meet a few co-workers. This is Emma and Ariana. They're some of the best people you could ever meet," Harry introduced, and I offered a similar smile back to the both of them.

"Harry tells us that you've just been hired. Apparently your interview was quick and easy. It's not like Marcus to hire someone so rapidly. He must've really seen something in you," Ariana said, quick to make conversation.

"I don't know. The interview seemed rather laid back. I thought it would be scary. Like one of those long and super professional interviews in the movies," I explained, smiling a bit at my incorrect presumption. It was rather silly of me.

"Marcus? Scary? Please!" Ariana laughed, and I noticed a faint hint of a smile on Emma's face, but she continued to check things off of a list in front of her and set up her station.

"Hey, I'm sure we were all in the same mindset at first. I mean, I was so nervous that I almost cried when I was called into his office for my interview," Harry reasoned, and I was thankful that somebody had my back.

"I don't think I've ever been scared of Marcus. I have an uncle similar to him. They may look intimidating on the outside, but most men of that nature are actual teddybears. Besides, not much scares me," Ariana assured, sounding pretty confident about it.

"What about you, Emma? What was your interview like?" Ariana asked, nudging her a bit to get her to speak, and she seemed to blush at being the center of attention.

"It was fine," She answered quietly. I could tell that she wasn't speaking, not because she didn't like any of us, but because it was just hard for her to do. I use to be just like that. Quiet. Silently sitting around, afraid that everyone would judge what I said even if it was a simple greeting. Everything would be scrutinized.

Zayn use to be that way as well. He still covered himself up at times, but he trusted me enough to let his walls down.

I observed her work space, seeing that things were nice and neat. Everything seemed to have a spot, and I knew she preferred it that way. But it wasn't bland. In fact, there was some art work on the wall and a few crafts. That was when I noticed the bracelet around her wrist that seemed to be made of lace and string.

"I like your bracelet," I commented, wanting to involve her into the conversation more. I knew what it was like to feel left out, and I didn't want her to feel that way, even if she seemed to have a good friendship with Ariana.