Fearless

Liam's song and Niall's album in one day!? I was living! I love Bedroom Floor so much! It makes me happy, and I love how savage the song it. And Flicker is such a good album! Every song hit me in the feels in some way, shape, or form. I even cried a bit. I am so proud of them both. ❤

I have left the voting for the title for Zayn's POV completely up to you all, and the title with the most votes was "Sin," but "Why The Caged Bird Sings" was a close second. I was thinking of releasing a sneak peek of the story around Thanksgiving time and then publishing it either around December or January, or waiting until Princess is completely finished to publish it. Haven't decided yet, but I will let you all know.

Well, you guys wanted it, and I provided it, though I'm not sure how I did with it. Still, I think you've waited long enough.

This chapter is rated M for mature content. (I would say R, but nobody really pays attention to the whole 18 and older rule.) By the way, this chapter is almost 7,000 words.

Enjoy my lovelies! 💕

Chapter 66:

We sat in pure silence, no words being said quite yet. Zayn poured out his heart and soul, every single emotion a human could feel; his life story in a song. And he managed to make me feel his love, actually feel it. It was tremendous, so massive that it was almost suffocating, and it was terrifying to know just how much of a hold I had on him. I didn't want to mess it up, and I didn't want to ever hurt him. He's had enough pain to last a lifetime. We both have.

I looked over at Zayn, seeing that his eyes were still closed, his hands frozen in the final position on the piano. I could only guess that the emotions poured into the song were currently battling inside of his brain. Every memory, every moment, was like a raging war inside of his heart, but I didn't want him to feel that way anymore.

The moonlight streaming through the window illuminated his face in a deep blue, his cheekbones sculpted to perfection, his eyeslashes seeming to glisten from my view, and his lips seemed like a soft flower which bloomed under the generous light of the moon. He was a work of art being unveiled right before my eyes.

A bit of his face was hidden within the shadows, and I desperately wanted his full face in view; wanted to admire Zayn in all of his beauty-- heart and soul. I wanted to appease any of the demons that still threatened to drag him into the dark, and I wanted to love him. Love him with all of my being. It was a dangerous craving.

I slowly, fearfully, lifted my hand to cup his cheek, turning his cheek until he was facing me. His eyes remained close for a moment while I pressed a kiss onto his cheekbone. They opened as I pulled away, the soft feel of his skin beneath my lips like a drug.

His eyes gazed right into mine, two stars that I could call my own. They held a greater depth than any dimension could dare to grasp. There was a galaxy of wonder in his eyes, and I wanted to explore every single inch of it. And somehow I knew... I knew I was at the very center of it all.

I leaned in once again, my lips carefully placing a kiss onto Zayn's, and I saw the shooting stars crashing toward earth behind my own eyes, a beautiful sight. I kissed him with every ounce of love I could muster, and I felt every ounce he had to offer as well.

We broke apart for air, and I released a shaky breath as I felt Zayn's hands find their way to my hips, his thumbs trailing underneath my shirt and rubbing circles against my waist. A flame surged throughout my body as the shooting stars gained speed, boiling my blood with lust and desire, and I became incredibly afraid yet desperately willing all at once.

Our lips met once again, not kissing, just resting a few centimeters away from one another, the feel of Zayn's lips slightly on my own sent my heart into a frenzy, and I became drunk with need. I needed to allow myself to ignite the fire that I've been fighting for so long.