Love

Happy Pride Month guys!!! 💛💙💜💚❤🌈

Also, I am in LOVE with Liam's music video! And that look at the end- oh my goodness 😵

And I no longer have any school, so I will begin writing on other stories as well as this one now. Updates for those are on the way.

Warning: The discussion between Zayn and Liam may be triggering. Read carefully please.

Several things in this chapter that I am excited for. (Including M.W.L.)
Enjoy!

Chapter 48:

Zayn and I were both on his bed, but there was a small distance between us. I didn't know if he needed space or if he needed physical comfort. I didn't even know what was on his mind.

He wasn't sleeping, but he was laying down and staring out the window. I was afraid to say anything because I didn't want to upset him even more. He seemed like he was beating himself up though, and I didn't like to see him doing that. He didn't even do anything wrong.

"You're thinking too much, princess," Zayn muttered out, finally turning to look at me. "I don't like seeing you frown, Liam."

"I don't like when you shut me out. Not after everything we've been through," I confessed. I wasn't keen on the lack of communication because I wasn't keen on being so far from Zayn. The thought made me panic, and I suddenly began to worry that things were finally starting to crumble. After all, good things never last in life. Not that I've seen anyway.

I felt Zayn's eyes on me as I looked down at the sheets on his bed. The color calmed me a bit but not enough. I needed Zayn to be alright before I could be, just as he needed the same from me. It was always so new to me to know that your emotions could have such an effect on someone else.

I looked back up at him, and he opened his arms, signaling for me to lay with him. And I accepted the offer, having such a strong need to feel close to him again-- physically or emotionally.

He sighed as if a weight was taken off of his shoulders as I settled in between his arms, my head laying against his shoulder. He pressed a kiss to my forehead, and I found myself closing my eyes, just wanting to preserve this moment between us for as long as possible.

"I guess I have been doing that," He admitted, kissing the top of my head soothingly, and I sighed a peaceful sigh, enjoying the bond we had. There were no words needed to tell how we felt about each other, but there had to be words in order for me to find out what was wrong with Zayn; why he was acting unusual.

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking up at Zayn. "Something happened before that fight. What happened?"

"Everyone knows, Liam," He breathed out, and I knew about the rumor. I knew about it, but I couldn't imagine the things people spread around with it.

"I know, but you can't let them get to you about it. It happened, Zayn, and none of them even know for sure whether or not it's tr-"

"No, everyone knows!" He said, his voice wavering with emotions. He sat up, turning away from me, and I lifted myself up as well, missing his touch. And I finally sensed that this was more than the rumor. Everyone knew.

"You mean...." I trailed off, not wanting to say the words. I didn't want to believe that people would dig so deep just to target someone, but I couldn't deny that they were all capable of it. It was hard to give them all the benefit of the doubt when you've experienced their cruelty first-hand.

"They found his record," Zayn said, and I moved to sit beside him. I saw that his eyes were closed and his jaw was clenched. It was obvious that he was holding back tears. So many tears that it could make a desert flower. "They went online, and they pulled up police records. They showed me his mugshots, and..." He stopped speaking, and I watched as he swallowed back his emotions, attempting to keep himself together. "It's been so long since I've seen his face," He whispered in a voice that was barely audible. It was as if all of his oxygen was stolen away; exposed on top of a mountain in cold, thin air.