Belief

Familiar is such a good song! I love it so much! Playing it and Let Me on repeat, man.

    Also, a lot of you guys seemed interested in group chats on twitter, so if you want to be a part of that, then please comment your user here or follow my twitter at Wxttpxd1D and let me know you want to be a part of it. Again, sorry that I can't do instagram yet, the app is giving me troubles on my phone, but I hope I can fix it soon!

    Now, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 96:

     I sat in the cold waiting room, not being able to stop my leg from jittering and shaking up and down in my nervousness. It was my first therapy session, and I was incredibly worried about what would happen. What if the therapist automatically assumed I was a lost cause? What if they just gave up on me? What if they said that they couldn't help me? That they wouldn't help me?

    "Hey," I heard Zayn call, snapping me out of my thoughts. I couldn't help but feel a bit calm as I watched the sweet smile form on his face. He squeezed my hand in his and said, "it's going to be alright, princess. All they really do the first time is ask you a few questions to try and get to know you and your problem. They want background, and that's what makes it hard to talk about. In this case, you're already one step ahead since it was offered for anxiety from the doctor."

     "I'm just worried. I don't really know why," I confessed. Surely a therapist wouldn't turn me down after just one meeting.

     "I understand. I was exactly the same way the first time. Hell, I'm still that way now. There's something very intimidating about finally telling someone everything. But it's not just that, it's also trusting that person to guide you down the right path of understanding yourself and what's best for you," He reasoned.

     I felt a bit disappointed that I couldn't be the one to truly help Zayn through all of his problems, but I was there. I did the best I could, and I knew it meant a lot to Zayn. Just like Zayn being by my side meant a lot to me. We just needed someone else to help carry the weight on our shoulders.

     A love solely made on pain and sorrow was no love at all.

    "That being said, are you sure you want me there?" He asked, and I was completely bemused. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and questioned him back.

    "Why would I not want you there? Of course I do," I insisted, and Zayn gave a gentle kiss to my cheek before smiling slightly.

     "I don't know. Sometimes there are things that you just can't tell a person. It doesn't necessarily mean you're keeping it from them, but it's a lot easier to be honest at times if you don't have someone you're close to in the room. In the beginning, I would have basically been mute if you were there. I wouldn't have wanted you to see me that way," He explained, and I think I understood what he meant.

     Sometimes it can be hard to be completely honest when you are worried about the way someone you care about perceives you. You worry that it could change their opinion, so you hold back the true mess you are. But with Zayn, with how far we've come and everything we've been through, I don't think I had to pretend with him. I knew he loved me inside and out.

       "I want you there, Zayn. If anything, you make it easier," I confessed, not being able to look him in the eyes at my embarrassing confession. I felt my cheeks heat up in a blush, and it only became worse as Zayn pressed a kiss to my cheek.

     "I love when you blush," He whispered sweetly, and he chuckled as he saw my face only turn more red.

     There was a bit of silence between us, and my mum came back from filling out important papers they needed. If anything, she looked more apprehensive than I felt. She constantly twiddled her thumbs and adjusted her purse on her lap, her foot insistently tapping against the hard floor.