Pain

I'm so proud of Louis for performing at the Royal Variety. He's an absolute king, and I am glad all of his family is safe and sound.

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving if you celebrate it, I hope you all enjoyed the character ask (there will be one more at the end of the story, whenever that may be), and I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Also, Warning: please read this chapter with caution as some parts may be triggering. I love each and every one of you, and you can always message me if you need anything. On here, on social medias, almost anywhere. All the love my angels 💕

Chapter 70:

It was a slow school day, but I spent every moment completely lost in my mind. I was worried about many things: How my mum and I were going to continue paying bills for our house, how I was going to tell Zayn about it all, but most importantly, I was worried about where Zayn was.

The worry began when the final bell for class rang and he wasn't sitting beside me in art class. I knew he had good days and bad days. On good days, he could function properly without be too troubled with thoughts about his past, his father, his future. He could simply enjoy the time he was having. On bad days, however, it was the complete opposite.

On Zayn's bad days, he would become crippled by the fear of his past, overwhelmed with waves of emotions and sadness by everything he's struggling to fight against. And he wasn't happy, not truly. He would sleep all day, cry for long periods of time, and write music to no end. He did all he could to cope, except for drinking. He was determined to never have another glass of alcohol, but I wouldn't blame him for a small slip up.

I sat at the lunch table, thinking about the conversation I had with my mum the night before. It was all still shocking and relatively new to me. The thought of losing our home, losing everything I've come to know, it was absolutely terrifying.

I didn't want to tell Zayn, or anyone for that matter, but I knew I should. Keeping it all a secret would only result in everyone else feeling pain if we actually had to move away. I hoped it would never come to that, but I couldn't see into the future to be certain, so I had to suck it up and confess.

"What's wrong?" Louis asked as soon as he sat down across from me. I guess I was thinking far too deep at the moment, and I wasn't doing a good job at hiding my sadness. "Did something happen?"

I sighed before shrugging. "I don't really know yet," I replied. I wasn't sure if anything would happen, but I knew the possibility was strong. Just thinking about the fact that my grandparents lived hours and hours away made me sick to my stomach. Not only did that mean no Rosewood, it meant no Zayn. I didn't like any of it.

"What do you mean you don't know yet?" He questioned, and I was going to reply when Drew took a seat as well, sitting beside Louis.

He took one look between us, seeing Louis' concerned expression and, what must have been, my distraught one. "Okay, who died?" He abruptly asked.

Louis sent him a glare that made him shrink away a little. I have the feeling he was only trying to lighten the mood a bit, but I didn't have the heart to offer a smile.

"Sorry," He apologized softly before sitting silently and allowing the original conversation to resume.

"Anyways, if you don't know whether or not something's happened then why are you so upset? Something must've happened," Louis pointed out, and I sighed once more, feeling completely worn out from all of the thinking I've done today.

"My mum's about to get laid off of her job," I divulged, seeing Louis' expression turn to shock while Drew began choking on his food at the news. Louis pat him on the back until he could breathe normally again, and Drew looked up at me.