Divulge

First day back at school sucked for me, but it's okay.

Here's an update to hopefully cheer you guys up 😊

Chapter 17:

Waking up in Zayn's arms was a strange experience. Strange because I never expected to be in a position like this, and I definitely never expected to like it. And liking it was even more dangerous than actually doing the action.

"Good morning." Zayn said, and I looked up at him, surprised he was awake. My eyes drifted over to the clock, and I read that it was nearly seven in the morning. Of course he was awake. We had to start getting ready for school.

School. I was understandably nervous for school. I knew I had Louis on my side for something, but my position with Zayn was still so confusing. Sure, he was caring and vulnerable when it was just us two, but, like he said, people expected things from him. He wasn't who he was at school, but a part of me wondered if that wasn't who he was or if that wasn't who he wanted to be.

"I really don't want to get up." He groaned, pulling me closer to him and resting his head on my neck. The action made me shiver slightly, and I felt Zayn's smile against my skin. It was tantalizing, but I had to ignore it. I couldn't allow high hopes -- or any kind of hopes -- that Zayn would be this way in public.

"I can't miss another day of school." I said truthfully. My dad was already on my case, and I knew skipping again would only make it worse. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't. As peaceful as it was when we were alone, I had to go. "I still need to get my stuff from home." I said, sitting up and ruining the warmth and sanctuary we had.

I took off Zayn's jacket, handing it back to him and completely shedding away all of my warmth. I felt exposed again. I felt like moving from this spot would cause the little world we built in the darkness would shatter. How could darkness hold something so nice?

"You can have it." He said, pushing it back to my chest. Sure, as much as I wanted to keep it, I knew that it was only a matter of time before there was some other type of fight that broke out between us.

"You already got me one." I assured, attempting to give it back to him, but he pushed it back and sat up as well.

"Okay. Then maybe I just like to see you wear it." He said, making me end the conversation and just take the jacket. I looked away from him, and was going to get out of bed.

"I have to go home to get ready." I informed, but Zayn grabbed my arm, keeping me seated. He turned my face to his and pressed a closed-mouth kiss to my lips. It shocked me, but it was over almost as soon as it began.

"I'll go with you. Just let me get ready." He said, climbing out of bed, and I sighed, not wanting to have this argument again, but it was too risky.

"No, Zayn. That's not a good idea." I said, standing up as well. "Sure, last time we got lucky, but there's no telling what would happen this time. There's a good chance that my mum and dad are both awake. I've never woken up this late for school." I explained. I left out the part about never sleeping a whole night like this either.

"And what if it's only your dad awake? What if he hurts you?" He asked, stepping closer to me, and I wanted to ask what good having him there would be anyway, but it would only upset him. I think Zayn knew that he couldn't do much if my dad were to hurt me in front of him, but I also think he wanted to try. It was more than anyone else has offered.

"He won't. Not before a school day. The only thing he loves more than hurting me is not seeing me around." I confessed. It was true. My dad didn't want me. He hasn't for a long time, and I hated how he made me blame myself for it at times.