Holiday Special: ZAYN (Sin)

Hello everyone!

I am so sorry that this update is coming late! It was supposed to be up yesterday, but my work schedule is more full-time during winter break, so even if I don't have any classes until January, I still am pretty busy. But here it is! Your holiday special for Sin!

Warning: Mentions of alcoholism and eating disorders. It is more about healing from these things, but please read carefully still!

Princess' holiday special will be the counterpart to this, and it will be posted in its own chapter after this. It will be in Liam's POV!

Thank you, and enjoy!

-------------------------------

University (1st Year)

ZAYN

It was cold in New York. It was also quite windy, and the only thing blocking the full force of the wind was the mass amount of people walking the streets alongside me. It nearly felt like home with how chilly it was. Except, it wasn't home, and I knew that. I was all too aware.

Looking around at the buildings, there were Christmas lights and decorations up everywhere. A giant tree stood in the middle of Times Square, and there were often people dressed as characters with Christmas hats or sweaters on them. It was very different from what occurred back home.

I wasn't able to go back home for the holidays. I had to stay in New York, in the flat I bought that was close enough to Juilliard, and I became accustomed to using the Metro for transportation. Coming to such a big city was terrifying at first, but my aunt and Myles helped me settle into my flat, and once I started in the music program, things seemed to just fall into place. Still, it didn't mean that I didn't miss home immensely.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I made sure to keep walking as I checked it. I learned the hard way about what stopping in the middle of the human traffic meant here.

From My Princess: I just made it back. Talk soon?

I smiled slightly, but there was a hint of despair that was breathed into me with each of my inhales. Because everyone I loved dearly would be back at home, and I would be here working a job at the theatre for Christmas concerts. It was a wonderful gig, but I did miss everyone.

Liam was heading home. His uni wasn't nearly as far away as my own was. He only had to drive out a short distance while I would have to take a plane. Being across an ocean from everyone I knew to the core was pretty difficult, but the homesickness did inspire art.

It wasn't that I didn't enjoy my life as it was now. Going to Juilliard was an incredibly opportunity, and I was so glad that Liam pushed me to attend when I was being too stubborn to leave. He was watching out for me, and I was so glad for that. Because my music was flourishing, and I was learning more than ever before and receiving amazing musical opportunities.

I also made quite a few friends, but they could never replace everyone I knew back home. Louis would always be my best mate, and nothing would change that. And Liam... I was still just as in love with him, even if he wasn't technically mine anymore.

No matter how many people asked me out, or who they were for that matter, I always kindly rejected them. I didn't want anyone else except for Liam. Then and now. I had no clue how he felt anymore, but I really hoped he still felt the same. If he didn't, however, I would gladly support him. He deserved happiness, regardless of whether that involved our relationship or not.

To My Princess: I'm almost to my flat. I'll call then.

From My Princess: Can't wait! xx