Yearn

Here we go guys! Hope this chapter is okay.

Also, it's my birthday, but you guys get this gift of an update 😝

Chapter 33:

"Have you been waiting for a while?" Harry asked as soon as he pulled up beside the curb. I shook my head, walking around the car to get in through the other side. "Alright then. My boss just wanted me to finish shelving a few more items before I was allowed to leave. Tried to do it quickly and efficiently." He explained.

He began driving, doing a complete u-turn before taking off down the street, in the opposite direction of my house, which I was thankful for. I didn't want to be anywhere near that place.

"Do you have a job?" He asked, and I shook my head. Maybe it was because I wasn't really allowed out of the house because of my dad. He didn't like it, which was why spending the afternoon with Harry was a risk. But maybe it was also because I was only interested in writing music. Lyrics at the least.

"No. I just spend most of my time writing songs. Never really thought about working, but if I worked anywhere I'd prefer it to be around music." I confessed, thinking of radio stations or record stores.

"So, if you're completely in love with music, and it's what you want in life, why don't you go to Rosewood? I bet you'd be talented enough to make it on scholarship." He said, and I rose my eyebrow.

"Do you go on scholarship?" I asked, feeling a bit insulted at the fact that he assumed my parents wouldn't have enough money to send me to that school. They wouldn't, but that was besides the point. I just hoped Harry wasn't the typical rich-kid type because he never seemed to be.

"Yes, actually." He mumbled, sounding a bit ashamed. "I feel like I'm the only person who does. Even Niall's family is loaded. Everyone pays their way through, and I keep it a complete secret that I'm going on scholarship. Last thing I need is commenting about my poor homelife." He said, and I offered him a small smile as he glanced my way.

"It's okay. I understand. My parents are in a struggle as well. Can hardly buy clothes for ourselves. Couldn't even afford a jacket, which is perfectly fine." I added, and he spoke up.

"Whose jacket is that then? Because last time I checked, rolling back leather is a good way to get it to crease." He noted, and I looked out if the window, avoiding any kind of eye contact at my nervousness.

"Just a friend's." I muttered, but he heard me anyway.

"What friend? I'd love to meet him sometime. I'm always welcome to new people." He said, and I looked over at him as I noticed we were parked in a driveway. Harry flashed me a smile before climbing out of the car.

I followed behind him as he led me to the front door of the little house, and it made me feel guilty when I realized it was smaller than my own. Here I was feeling miserable about my mum's struggle when Harry seemed to have it worse. It made me question why he had to get a job in the first place.

"It's not much, but it's home." He smiled warmly as he opened the front door and led me inside. He had such a positive spirit, and it was refreshing to see. I found myself envious of the fact that it was so easy for him to feel joy.

I looked around his home, seeing that the furniture was simple, yet felt comfortable to be around. There were two arm chairs in the living room, a small table in the middle of them as they faced the small box that was the TV. There was a shelf on the wall behind the chairs, a few books upon it and a picture frame on the left side. A typical smiling family. One mum, one dad, and a little boy who must've been Harry.