Ever

One more chapter!!!

I plan to make it as long as possible, and you will get answers to a few questions that you guys have asked about. Also, all of the gang will be back in the final chapter. Ziam, Larry, Niall, Drew, and even Maya. I'm not ready for this story to end, but it's bound to happen. I'm just very thankful for all of the support throughout.

Now, enjoy!

Chapter 103:

4 years later

      I packed up everything quickly after class finished, and I rushed out of the door. I had to get back to my dorm in time to video chat with Zayn, and I didn't want to miss it again like last week. This would probably be our last video call for a while because we both have finals coming soon.

     "Hey, Liam, wait up!" I heard someone call, and I turned to see my friend Jen rushing over to me. She was struggling to put her notebook in her bag, but she finally managed. She looked up at me with an accomplished smile, and I rolled my eyes while smiling fondly at her. She was probably my best friend on campus.

     "So, are we still working on that project together for Professor Carlson's class? Because I really have to pass this semester," She said, and I smiled before nodding my head. She was knee deep in school work because she decided to take on an overload of classes, and she was really regretting it.

      "Yeah, we are. Um, my dorm this weekend, yeah?" I said, and she nodded enthusiastically.

     "Great! I have to run to my next class now, but you're a life saver, Payne! Love you!" She said before rushing off with a wave over her shoulder. I shook my head again and rushed off to my dorm.

      I made my way to the dorm building, and I pressed the elevator button, waiting for the elevator to stop on the main floor. My dorm was on the fourth floor, and I was shaking in excitement at just the thought of speaking to Zayn again.

      The elevator finally reached the main floor, and I waited for everyone to step off of it and empty out before I stepped into the elevator. I pressed the button for the fourth floor, and I waited patiently for the elevator doors to close. And just as there was only a foot or so left, someone slid into the elevator and gave out a sigh of relief.

      "That was a close one," The guy said, and they turned to me and flashed me a smile. "Hey, Liam," He said. It was my friend Phillip. He was typically outgoing, and he was always late showing up to places. This was usual behavior for him.

     "Fifth floor?" I questioned, and he nodded as he leaned against the wall. I simply pressed the button for his floor as well, and we stood in silence as the elevator began to move until Phillip spoke up.

      "Hey, Liam, um, there's something I wanted to, um, ask you," He said, and I looked over to him with a raised eyebrow. He was never nervous or shy. This was new for him.

     "What's up?" I questioned, watching as the elevator finally reached my floor. The door opened, and I stepped out of the elevator, Phillip standing in the way of the door to stop it from closing as we continued our conversation.

     "Well, um, finals are coming up, and afterwards we have a couple of days to just chill. And I was wondering if.... Well, we've known each other for four years, and I've really enjoyed getting to know you. You're a good person. Great, actually," He chuckled nervously, and I smiled at his silliness.

     "Anyways, I was just wondering if, maybe, you'd like to go out with me sometime? Like... like a date," He said, and my smile slowly fell as I saw how hopeful he looked. But all that was on my mind was Zayn.