Reborn

Cute little filler chapter to start off the new year!

Any New Years Resolutions?

Mine is to try my best to work on my mental health and slowly get better. I want to inspire other people and learn to gain courage when I need it most. It'll all be so hard, but I want to try.

Hope you keep to yours, loves. Happy New Year!
Fingers crossed for a lovely 2018.

Chapter 80:

I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling cold air sweep over me, and I realized that I kicked the blanket off of myself in my sleep. It was bundled up behind me, and I shivered from the cold. Not only that, but I was also in bed alone.

I looked at the empty spot beside me, and I felt my heart sink, remembering a time when Zayn simply couldn't sleep. There was too much that plagued his mind, and I knew that something similar must be happening now.

I rubbed my eyes before climbing out of bed, glad that I was still wearing sweats and one of Zayn's jumpers to sleep. I still wrapped the blanket around shoulders before I quietly left the room and went to wonder through the house.

I made a quick stop by my mum's room, slowly opening the door to see that she was sleepig peacefully in her bed, and I smiled, knowing that she wouldn't have to constantly worry about taking care of me. It felt great to know that she could finally relax, and I owed it all to Colette.

I stepped out of her room and shut the door behind me before walking to the music room. I opened the door, and I saw Zayn pacing back and forth in front of the piano. He was dressed in only sweats, and I marvelled at how lovely he was with the glint of the moonlignt shining down on him.

The slightly blue tinted moonlight highlighted every curve of his body, washed over every indent where muscles were displayed, and gave even more definition to his already sharp jawline and cheekbones.

He continued pacing back and forth, holding a notebook in his hand and mumbling a few words to himself, and then I heard him begin to sing softly. He was rehearsing.

"But I, I want to soar. And I, I want to fly," He sang out, and he took a pause to look out of the window. He seemed to state up at the moon, the huge glowing orb that provided a single spotlight for the magnificent wonders of the night. And he continued.

"And I hope I can reach the clouds. And before the rain pours down," He sang, his voice breaking off into a soft whisper near the end of the line, and he tossed the notebook onto the piano before looking up in surprise at me. He held eye contact with me for a few seconds before he turned away again and walked over to the wall, moving to sit against it.

I stepped inside, closing the door behind me and looking over to where Zayn had his eyes closed, leaning his head against the wall as well. "Are you okay?" I questioned, hoping he wasn't falling back into hold habits again. The bed was much warmer when he was beside me in it.

"Just rehearsing a bit," He shrugged off, but I knew it was much more than that. He thought he could hide his true emotions, and he usually could, but his front was slipping. Maybe it was the moonlight that exposed his cracks, but I saw the same scared boy that must crave his mum's hold everyday. He was rehearsing because he was trying to perfect it, like everything else he did.

I made my way over to him and decided to be brave, climbing over his legs and straddling his waist. I looked him in the eyes, and I was breathless at how beautiful his were. And his eyes never lied. Ever.

"You don't have to push yourself so hard, Zayn. You're trying to strive for perfection, but you're already astounding," I assured, taking his hands in mine, and he sighed at my words.