Fragile

Alrighty, guys, here's an update for you all. Honestly, I feel as if it's an utter mess, but I wanted to give you all something this weekend since I have to run theatre shows next week and most of my time will go toward that task. So, here you go!

Also, Teen Wolf ends tomorrow, forever, and I am incredibly gutted! What is life without Teen Wolf!? I am so attached to Scott and Stiles and Derek and Lydia and Malia and Liam and Mason and Corey and everyone! 😭😭😭

Finally, I just want to say that I am incredibly proud of all of my babies: Liam, Niall, Harry, Louis, and Zayn. I love them all to death and constantly thank them for my happiness. (Along with you guys, of course <3)

Enjoy, my lovelies 💕

Chapter 63:

It was Friday morning, and I couldn't bring myself to climb out of bed. It was warm underneath the blankets, buried in Zayn's chest, and it was cold out in the open. I just wanted to stay in bed forever, but I knew that wasn't an option. Regardless of how much I despised the fact, we still had to wake up and prepare for school.

I looked over at the clock, seeing that we had about ten or fifteen minutes to get up and begin to get ready. I silently prayed that the time would move slower and allow me to enjoy this safe haven I have woken up to.

I sighed before burying my face back against Zayn's naked chest, the warmth if his skin being easily welcomed by me. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent, loving the fact that I have grown so familiar with it. His scent brought about a feeling of relaxation, not smelling heavily of cologne as most teenaged boys did. It was a natural sweet scent that also held a bit of an earthy undertone and the slightly lingering smell of the leather he use to always wear. Maybe it wasn't a comforting scent to others, but I think it was my favorite.

I felt Zayn's breathing fall out of its gentle pattern as he slept, a deeper breath being inhaled as he moved a bit beside me, his arm moving to lay across my side. His hands met my waist, and his fingers lightly massaged the skin there. I smiled as I heard him sigh as well, knowing full well that he was now awake without even needing to look up.

"I don't want to get out of bed," Zayn confessed quietly, his morning voice sounded deep and exhausted, even if it also carried a hint of softness to it. It was almost like the wind- it blew strong and harsh, but it still managed to chill your skin and capture it in a caress.

"I know, but we have to," I replied, still not looking up at him. The position we were in was far too comfortable, and I had no desire to abandon it so soon. Everything just felt so right. We were safe in our own little world, but I knew climbing out of bed and facing the day would only result in breaking the little spell.

"Not necessarily," Zayn pointed out, kissing the top of my head. "We could always just miss a day. I'm sure no one would mind."

The idea was tempting, but I didn't want Zayn to miss more school than he already did. I knew that the normality of school would bring some sort of comfort to him, even if he didn't come out and say that himself.

"Sadly, we can't. You've missed enough school as it is, and I don't blame on getting use to such a bad habit," I said, finally pulling my head away from his chest and glancing at the clock before looking up at Zayn. "We have ten minutes before we have to get up."

"I hate that you're usually right," He replied, but he had a soft smile on his lips. I honoured every single smile he offered me because I knew they were rare. It was important because Zayn wasn't happy, not completely, and that thought always seemed to drift through my mind, but he was better than he use to be.