Happily

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!! 💛💙💜💚❤

    Also, I have entered this story for the Wattys2018! The only way the story will be noticed, however, is if it gets plenty of reads and activity on it during the run of the contest. Although I'm not really expecting to win, this will be a fun experience.

Two more chapters left after this!!!

In the meantime, why not visit the character ask to ask any questions you may have? It'll be lots of fun to answer them all, and I look forward to it. 😊

This chapter is... bittersweet. I hope you guys can understand why I did what I did with this chapter and enjoy it. Love you lots! 💕

Chapter 102:

       It was the final week of summer, and this summer was probably one of my absolute favorites. I didn't spend it locked away in my room hiding from my father. I didn't spend it tending to the many new bruises that would appear on my skin. I didn't spend it worrying about how I would avoid the bullies next school year. I did, however, spend it worrying about when Zayn and I would have to go away for college.

       This summer was still one of the best summers of my life. Zayn and I went on several dates, each of them sweeter and better than the last. Zayn had a rather romantic side, and I often found myself surprised at every single date he had planned. We went back to the park once during night fall, and he set up a simple candlelit picnic. He took me to the diner that I told him my mum and I used to always visit when I was little, and I was thrilled to see that it was still relatively the same.

      Zayn also took me back to our elementary school playground when nobody else was around, and we went on the swings while Zayn told me how he would swing every single day and watch me across the playground, willing himself to talk to me and swinging higher as he grew more frustrated with himself. Needless to say, I found it adorable.

     My favorite date, however, was when I came home late from work one night to find that Zayn set up a complete dinner in the garden. There was a glass table and sleek black chairs that we sat in beside the tree, and Zayn confessed that my mum made the food while his aunt helped him string lights all along the flowers to get them to glow. It was absolutely beautiful to me, and it felt even better because it was home. It was the one place I felt like I belonged no matter what, and I could feel all of the love from everyone that occupied the house in that one night. There were a few tears shed that night.

       But my time wasn't just spent with Zayn. My mum and I took every opportunity we had to reconnect. We would watch old movies that we used to always see together and joke about, and it was nice to not have a care in the world with my mum. She taught me how to cook a few of the recipes I loved so much so that I wouldn't resort to pure junk food in college, though I wasn't sure how effective it would be.

       We also spent time with the rest of the guys. I was slowly learning guitar from Niall and Harry, but I think the piano would continue to be my favorite sounding instrument. That was proven by how often I was willing to sit by Zayn in complete silence while he worked on writing a song. It always seemed to calm me down and keep me stable even when I was feeling super anxious that day.

       There was one day when Louis forced us all to sit down together and have "the ultimate video game competition" for a straight twenty-four hours. We were all pretty hyped up on candy, soda, and pure junk food that night. And it was pretty funny to watch everyone crash from their sugar rushes.

      I was also proud of Zayn for spending more time with Myles and Colette. They were bonding more, and I could tell it meant a lot to his aunt. Sometimes just the two of them would do something together, and I knew it filled Colette with absolute joy to see them getting along. Zayn has even confessed to me that Myles was pretty cool. He wouldn't let on how he truly felt about his aunt's boyfriend, but I could tell he waa already worming his way into Zayn's life as a main part of it. And Zayn deserved it. He deserved to have a family, a second chance at it all. There wasn't anybody more worthy.