Try

1) ZAYN IS 25 AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FEEL!

2) This story has reached 700k reads, and I am beyond grateful. Thank you all so much!

3) I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and I am sorry it's a day late. ❤

Chapter 82:

      It was as if we stepped into an alternate dimension when we stepped into Zayn's house. Everyone that we knew was there. Niall, Drew, Louis, Colette, my mum, and even Mrs. Michaelson. They were all super excited to see us, but I couldn't even answer their simple question about how it felt to audition... because I had no clue how it felt.

    There were way too many emotions bottled up inside of me, and I had no clue what to feel. So I simply hugged my mum when she came over to me and asked me how it went.

    "It went well... I think," I offered, still feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything. It was all happening so suddenly, and a part of me felt like it was too early to celebrate anything yet, but I realized that Zayn and I have been working so hard for these auditions, and we overcame them. We deserved a small celebration.

    "How about you, Zayn? How did things go?" My mum asked. All eyes were on Zayn now as everyone took seats on the couches in the living room, and he gave a small smile.

    "I think it went well. I think they liked my song," He said, and everyone clapped for the both of us. Things were on more of a high-spirited uproar, but I didn't want it to end. After all of the pain and struggles and tragedy, we deserved a pit of the high lifestyle.

    "Well, I made some cake. Can't have a celebration without cake," Colette said, and Niall and Drew instantly stumbled over each other, racing to the kitchen to get the cake. I found it quite amusing how they tripped over each other and clawed at each others shirts as if their lives depended on it. "Boys, don't drop that cake!" Colette warned with a smile of her own and an eye roll.

     "Everyone sit down. I'll get some plates and something to cut the cake with," Colette offered, and my mum accompanied her in case she needed help.

     "So, you're both leaving me with Drew," Louis voiced with a bit of an edge, and I felt my eyes widen a bit. I didn't want Louis to be upset or mad or anything. I thought he wanted us to audition.

    "Liam, I'm only joking," He laughed, and I nodded before letting out a breath of air that I didn't know I was holding in. Truth is, I've only seen Louis truly angry a couple of times, and they were quite terrifying moments to witness.

    "If Louis really wanted to come with is then he would have auditioned. He can sing, too," Zayn commented, and I looked back at Louis for confirmation.

    "I can carry a tune, but Rosewood's not for me. Trust me. I would have gone sooner if I wanted to. Would have been easier to see Harry behind Zayn's back that way," He laughed, and I found it so weird how easily it was to joke about the past now that we were becoming secure in who we all were.

     "Sometimes I wish you didn't hide it from me," Zayn confessed. "It would have made me realize how fucking stupid I was being a lot sooner."

    "I was afraid you'd turn on me, too. You were so clear about not liking guys. Or guys liking guys," Louis said, and I innediately felt as if I was imposing on a private conversation; something they should settle in a sitting heart to heart conversation.

     "Yeah, I know. I understand," He said with a small nod, and he looked down in shame. "I hate who I was then. So much more than the way I hate myself now."

    I think the last part was suppose to be said underneath his breath, but Louis and I both heard it. We shared a look, as if debating on whether or not we should say something or change the topic for him. But I knew it was something Zayn wouldn't want to talk about. Not now. Not while everyone was suppose to be enjoying themselves.