Wither

HARRY SMASHED IT WITH HIS ALBUM! IT IS MY NEW OBSESSION! So, what's your favorite song, guys? I'm going to still say SOTT just because it gives me this whole vibe of invincibility. Idk, I just love it. But I also love Two Ghosts, Carolina, Only Angel, From the Dining Table, and basically all of them lol.

I also want to say thank you for always supporting me and sending me lovely messages. You guys really do help me get through a lot of my days. Thanks, and all the love 💘

Here's your chapter, and there might be another update tomorrow. 😉

Chapter 44:

    "I wish I was there. Maybe I could have helped," Louis sighed as we sat at the lunch table. I filled him in on the details of this morning since Zayn only told him not to ask about the bruise on my face that was forming throughout the day. It hurt, but I've been through much worse.

    "It's fine, Louis. It wasn't as bad as it seemed. I was just worried about Zayn," I admitted. I didn't care about the bullying-- I dealt with it almost all of my life. I didn't care about the punches I took-- they would only bruise me. I only cared about the affect those words that left Kyle's mouth had on Zayn. He said he would be fine, but he's been so quiet all day.

     "I am, too," Louis agreed, taking a drink of his water. He set it back down and sighed, looking up at me. "He wasn't talking at all in class. He just sat there with this distant look in his eyes. He was in deep thought. And I wish I knew how to help him out of it. For his best friend, I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with him. I feel like there's something I'm missing," He confessed.

   There was. Because Louis didn't know about Zayn's father. Zayn never told him. He knew that he was angry about a "joke" Kyle made about me, but he had no clue that it actually hurt Zayn; that it led to so many haunted memories. And I wanted to tell him, but I knew it was something Zayn would have to do himself.

   Our conversation ended as Zayn joined the table, sitting right next to me, which was new. He would usually sit beside Louis, but I couldn't help but like this better. Even if it made me hyperaware of the stares we received.

     "Has anyone told you anything today?" He immediately asked, taking my hand in his, and butterflies errupted in my stomach as I shook my head. He gave a small smile of relief, and I felt breathless as he left a peck on my lips, making me jump a bit in shock. I don't think I would ever get use to the public display of affection.

    "Good," He said, "Just tell me if anyone does." I nodded, too many thoughts rolling around my head. I didn't expect such a huge amount of drama and events to happen today. I didn't know how to feel about it all, but I knew that Zayn was still bothered by it all. Because even if he was speaking and smiling at me, I knew him well enough to see the hurt behind his eyes.

     I was about to give a verbal response and ask him if he was sure he would be okay, but we were interrupted as Drew walked up to our table, seeming timid about it. He looked down at his feet, standing there for a few seconds before he looked up at the three of us.

    "So, I know I've been an ass since... well, since I've arrived at this school, but I was wondering if I could sit with you guys," He said, and it was obvious he was pushing himself to do this. His eyes shifted to Zayn, and I knew it was because Zayn didn't like him. His approval would be the hardest to win over.

     Louis just shrugged, not really caring about whether he sat or not, and I always did my best to be friendly, so I would let him. But Zayn sat quietly, glaring at him and making him chuckle awkwardly.

    "He helped me this morning," I pointed out, knowing that things could have possibly been a lot worse if Drew wasn't there. I would hate to have had all five guys on me and me alone.